Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

Biggest puncher in the game?

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
I went with Valero just based on KO%. Kelly Pavlik should be on this list, but I'd also consider Darchinyan. Good thread idea.

I'm on aim if you're bored bali.

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
Had to go with David Haye, his ko%, the way other fighters react to him landing cleanly, and him going up to heavy and knocking out Barrett hurting him several times.

I could have gone with JM Lopez, but he hasn't gone up in weight yet and hasn't knocked out any high level opponent other than DPDLeon.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Had to go with David Haye, his ko%, the way other fighters react to him landing cleanly, and him going up to heavy and knocking out Barrett hurting him several times.

I could have gone with JM Lopez, but he hasn't gone up in weight yet and hasn't knocked out any high level opponent other than DPDLeon.
I can't argue with Haye, but damn my dude, download AIM! :cop:

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
Pacman isn't a big puncher in my book anymore. He wears you down with his speed and activity and puts you away, at 135 I can't put him up there.

Miranda, Torres, and Cintron all have 1 punch KO power. They can put guys out in the 1st round.

·
Spike Spiegel
7,078 Posts
I picked David Haye. He hurts you with each shot he lands and even though Barrett is a bum, Haye showed he can carry his power above Cruiserweight.

I think Pavlik should be on that list aswell. Second I'd pick Miranda.. followed closely by Valero.

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Pacman isn't a big puncher in my book anymore. He wears you down with his speed and activity and puts you away, at 135 I can't put him up there.

Miranda, Torres, and Cintron all have 1 punch KO power. They can put guys out in the 1st round.
Pac laid Diaz out with one punch though. Yeah he was beating him up non stop before that but Diaz wasn't really hurt or staggered until he got hit with that short left hook that put him on the canvas. That's a 1 punch KO right there but it happened late.

·
The Professor
8,572 Posts
Pac laid Diaz out with one punch though. Yeah he was beating him up non stop before that but Diaz wasn't really hurt or staggered until he got hit with that short left hook that put him on the canvas. That's a 1 punch KO right there but it happened late.
Diaz was definitely hurt before the KO came dude... There's other kinds of hurt besides what makes fighters do the chicken dance. All accumulated damage a fighter takes softens him up for the KO. True KO power is ultimately displayed when a fresh fighter is KTFOed.

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Diaz was definitely hurt before the KO came dude... There's other kinds of hurt besides what makes fighters do the chicken dance. All accumulated damage a fighter takes softens him up for the KO. True KO power is ultimately displayed when a fresh fighter is KTFOed.
True but Diaz did get laid out as a result of one punch though. I think this is still impressive when you're fighting in your 5th weightclass. Pac is not a devastating puncher at 135 but he still got some pop.

·
The Professor
8,572 Posts
True but Diaz did get laid out as a result of one punch though. I think this is still impressive when you're fighting in your 5th weightclass. Pac is not a devastating puncher at 135 but he still got some pop.
4th weight class, he skipped a couple. Growth spurt in his youth jumped him from a Flyweight to a Super Bantamweight. Other than that tho it is indeed impressive, just not a noteworthy KO for a top rated Lightweight. Back at the lower weight classes a guy like Diaz taking those kind of shots falls in 3.

·
Registered
262 Posts
The hayemaker baby.

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
OMG Supermanny went for Pacquiao :laugh::deadhorse:. What a surprise

Personally I went for Haye. I came close to going for Lopez but he needs to do it to guys like Vasquez and Marquez before I vote for him.

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
4th weight class, he skipped a couple. Growth spurt in his youth jumped him from a Flyweight to a Super Bantamweight. Other than that tho it is indeed impressive, just not a noteworthy KO for a top rated Lightweight. Back at the lower weight classes a guy like Diaz taking those kind of shots falls in 3.
5 weight classes. he was a featherweight champ too.
---------------------------------------------------------

Miranda. he isnt accurate, his technique is crude but if he lands a clean shot its goodnight.
Wladimir Klitschko is a pretty big puncher too.

·
Iron Lungs
3,315 Posts
Speaking Of Edwin Valero, An article came out today N he spoke of how he Busted up DLH in sparring and how DLH is lazy and will get KO'ed by Pacman.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts