Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Biggest Upsets of Recent Years...

so far i havnt thought of it properly but i created a Top 3...

1) James 'Buster' Douglas vs Mike Tyson
2) Hasim Rahman vs Lennox Lewis
3) Antonio Tarver vs Roy Jones Jr.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Recently, for me, it would be:

Baldomir over Judah; never saw that one coming

Holyfield over Tyson; even though I never doubted Evan, "the baddest man on the planet" Tyson was recently released from prison and looked as though he would reclaim his place at that top of the heavyweight heap, but Holyfield who had recently had his struggles with losses and health issues came up with one of those all-time great performances

Sanders over Klitschko; old guy on his way out knocked down the hottest heavyweight around four times before two rounds were able to be completed

·
Wet Beaver Bandit
5,334 Posts
Forrest/Mora. I never saw that one coming.

·
Wet Beaver Bandit
5,334 Posts
Witter-Bradley. Made my month that did :laugh:
That was fantastic. Every Hatton fan was so very happy by that outcome. Say it with me everyone, WITTER SUCKS WITTER SUCKS WITTER SUCKS! :laugh:

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
That was fantastic. Every Hatton fan was so very happy by that outcome. Say it with me everyone, WITTER SUCKS WITTER SUCKS WITTER SUCKS! :laugh:
WITTER SUCKS WITTER SUCKS WITTER SUCKS :laugh: I really hate Witter :laugh:

·
Wet Beaver Bandit
5,334 Posts
After seeing Hatton's poor performance against Lazcano... Imo, Hatton-Witter would still be a good match-up.
Good for the doctor that has to repair Witter's liver.

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
After seeing Hatton's poor performance against Lazcano... Imo, Hatton-Witter would still be a good match-up.
No it wouldn't. Hatton would beat him with ease :thumbsup:

What, you don't enjoy a guy that switches from southpaw to orthodox and back again every two seconds for no apparent reason?
Nope :laugh:

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
What, you don't enjoy a guy that switches from southpaw to orthodox and back again every two seconds for no apparent reason?
everything he does in his life is to try and get a ricky hatton fight. maybe ricky said if you keep changing your stance i might fight you, so witter decided to do it every 2 secs.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
everything he does in his life is to try and get a ricky hatton fight. maybe ricky said if you keep changing your stance i might fight you, so witter decided to do it every 2 secs.
Haha, the dude is so obsessed that he's been known to call his girl Ricky during sex.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts