Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All ... I know I know , this is another Aussie , I am waiting for the critics , but this kid is also making waves . I have seen a few of his fights , and all I can say is impressive . Goldenboy picked him up and he has spent alot of time with Shane Mosley who has nothing but praise for him and his ability.The following are comments from Shane Mosley before Dib's fight against Gonzalez on the De La Hoya / Mayweather undercard. He also fought on the Mosley / Cotto undercard against Mtagwa.

"Billy is already ready for a world title -- he could win it tomorrow,"

"But we won't rush him. His time will come before the end of the year.

"He's something special. He's got the jab, the left hook, the moves and the looks.

"He's confident but not cocky; he's going to be Australia's fifth world champion very soon.

"I work every day with him and I know what real talent is. He's the real deal.

So ... Keep your eyes and ears out for him , and here is the latest.

Australia’s featherweight boxing sensation Billy Dib faces the biggest test of his young life next month when he takes on a Mexican mauler to become the world’s leading featherweight contender.
History’s richest fighter Oscar De La Hoya will promote Dib’s fight with Mexican Orlando Salido in Cabazon, California on March 22.
The winner will become the IBF’s No.1 featherweight contender with a guaranteed world title fight against champion Robert ``The Ghost’’ Guerrero.
But baby-faced Dib, undefeated in 17 pro fights and a favourite of both De La Hoya and his business partner and one-time fighting rival Shane Mosley, is just as motivated about the amateur debut of his 15-year-old brother Youssef who competes in the 48kg division at the Inglis Auctions Complex at Randwick tomorrow night.
The Dib-Salido fight will be part of a monster fight program in the California desert topped by another Australian sensation, Michael Katsidis, Toowoomba’s WBO Interim lightweight king, tackling Cuba’s Olympic gold medallist Joel Casamayor.

Cheers !:thumbsup:

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Im expecting huge things from Billy, he's one of the best prospects ive seen for a while.

·
Registered
652 Posts
I've seen him fight once a couple of months back - they were showing his fight live on Yahoo.

Was really impressed. Like VD and Rotten Apple said he needs work.

He looks like he has batural ability and if they harness it right then he could be a star. Raw but very talented.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well ... I agree with Shane Mosley . I think that someone that is sparring him daily , also someone that is as good as Mosley should know what they are talking about . Dib doesnt think that he is Hamed , he knows who he is , just because he can pull off a style similar to Hamed doesnt make him think he is him .
I think his style is pretty cocky , but it works , he has the speed and accuracy to use it to affect.
Title fight by the end of the year , he is ready .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.