Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just for those guys who claimed that Ricky and Billy would spilt....

They are still together.

·
El Violento
8,076 Posts
Graham sucks as a trainer. It was obvious from the Mayweather fight. Hatton had no plan B what's so ever. Graham didn't even know what to say. He gave Hatton no useful advice at all

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
I don't know much about Graham's corner work, but the strap-on heavybag will go down as one of the top ten lamest training methods I've ever seen.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't know much about Graham's corner work, but the strap-on heavybag will go down as one of the top ten lamest training methods I've ever seen.
That is a very good tool for puncing and moving, it beats the hell out of a heavy bag.

Im seeing a lot more trainers using it today.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
It's an idiotic way of training for muscle memory and punching accuracy. Other trainers may use it because they saw a guy on HBO using it. If Freddie Roach trained with a dildo taped to his head, there would be some trainer try it as well, but that doesn't make it a good idea. Nobody's stomach sticks out 4 feet. It looks good. That's it.

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
It's an idiotic way of training for muscle memory and punching accuracy. Other trainers may use it because they saw a guy on HBO using it. If Freddie Roach trained with a dildo taped to his head, there would be some trainer try it as well, but that doesn't make it a good idea. Nobody's stomach sticks out 4 feet. It looks good. That's it.
LMAO :laugh:. I agree about the belly bag thing. Although Graham holds pads he doesn't move enough and is way too easy to hit. Basically, it's a heavy bag with pads.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Correct, there is pad work involved to, its ideal to train a fighter who moves from head to body.

·
Banned
589 Posts
Graham sucks as a trainer. It was obvious from the Mayweather fight. Hatton had no plan B what's so ever. Graham didn't even know what to say. He gave Hatton no useful advice at all
I Completely Disagree. Graham Gave Hatton The Best Advice There Was To Deal With Floyd Mayweather, The Problem Is Ricky Wasnt Listening. He Told Him Over And Over Be First, If You Cant Be First Dont Let Him Get Off Combo's. He Stressed Head Movement, And The Best Advice He Gave Him Was, "Stop Smothering Yourself, You Need More Room To Punch" You Could Clearly See The Aggrevation On Graham's Face, He Was Pissed That Ricky Wasnt Listening. If Anyone Should LEave It Should Be Graham Leaving Ricky.

P.S. When Your 44-0, And Considered An Elite, If You Have To Resort To A Plan B Against The Best Adaptive Fighter In The World, The Fight Is Pretty Much Over For You.

·
Banned
589 Posts
Exactly Wat Teddy Atlas Said The Night Before The Fight. He Said That "Body Bag Looks Good, And Would Be Good, If You Were Fighting A Fat Guy" He Also Said "That Technique Would Be Hattons Downfall, Becuz He Has To Open His Shots Up Alot Wider, Look For Mayweather To Hit Him With A Short Left Hook Or A Quick Right Hand" I Guess Ol' Teddy Was Right:laugh:

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
Just for those guys who claimed that Ricky and Billy would spilt....

They are still together.
Ricky and Billy need to stay together Ricky would be crazy to shift trainers. A perfect example is my friend Donald The Lone Star Cobra Curry he was undisputed world welterweight champ joint fighter of the year, with Marvin Hagler on top of his game with the manager trainer that brought him up from peewee golden gloves to the world title the late great Dave Gorman. Donald was lured away from Dave by $$$$$$$$$, big limousines pretty showgirls etc by Akhbar Muhammad. Attrocious management decisions like making him fight Mike McCallum while suffering from the flu plus being totally sold down the river by saccharin ray leonard over a possible move up in weight and fight Hagler
instead they tried to keep him at 147 he was weak as a kitten from rapid weight loss which caused him to lose to Lloyd Honeyghan. Don never regained his greatness but still deserves to be in the HOF

·
El Violento
8,076 Posts
Ricky and Billy need to stay together Ricky would be crazy to shift trainers. A perfect example is my friend Donald The Lone Star Cobra Curry he was undisputed world welterweight champ joint fighter of the year, with Marvin Hagler on top of his game with the manager trainer that brought him up from peewee golden gloves to the world title the late great Dave Gorman. Donald was lured away from Dave by $$$$$$$$$, big limousines pretty showgirls etc by Akhbar Muhammad. Attrocious management decisions like making him fight Mike McCallum while suffering from the flu plus being totally sold down the river by saccharin ray leonard over a possible move up in weight and fight Hagler
instead they tried to keep him at 147 he was weak as a kitten from rapid weight loss which caused him to lose to Lloyd Honeyghan. Don never regained his greatness but still deserves to be in the HOF
I met Donald Curry a couple of years. He was cool as fukk. He took pictures with 2 of my sons and talked for a good 15 minutes. Great guy.

·
8,579 Posts
I met Donald Curry a couple of years. He was cool as fukk. He took pictures with 2 of my sons and talked for a good 15 minutes. Great guy.
He is a great guy VD all Dave Gormans fighters are Gene Mad Dog Hatcher, Little Steve Cruz, Troy Dorsey etc So is Paulie Ayala theyre all real friendly approachable guys

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
He is a great guy VD all Dave Gormans fighters are Gene Mad Dog Hatcher, Little Steve Cruz, Troy Dorsey etc So is Paulie Ayala theyre all real friendly approachable guys
Yes he is. I was with Violent when he met Curry. Great guy. What's he doing now a days?

·
8,579 Posts
Yes he is. I was with Violent when he met Curry. Great guy. What's he doing now a days?
He works a lot with the golden gloves kids kinda like a big brother

1 - 18 of 18 Posts