Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts
G

·
Hey everyone just wondering can a 137 pound decent boxer who is 17 years old beat up a thug who is 180 pounds and is around his 20s?
how we meant to know, does the thug have a boxing backround?

does the thug have a gun or knife cos if he does it weighs heavy in his favour?

are you the thug or the boxer?

G

·
the thug is more likely to bite, poke and do every dirty trick in the book though so dont get to close.

Biting is common and dirty but happens none the less. watch for pokes in the eyes aswell.

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
The odds are against him but yeah he can do it. Depends how good he is and if the other guy can fight but I've seen dudes beat up guys that were 40 pounds bigger than them.
No weapons involved, the boxer wins way more than he'd lose, the amount of times he wins depends on how good the boxer is. The only thing hurting him here is the experience. Weight doesn't mean that much in this.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Anyone with any boxing skills should be able to take a "street fighter, thug or gansta" Weight means nothing. Gotta use your boxing smarts though. Want some good advice? Keep the fighting off the streets if you can. Take it to the ring, keep it in the ring and leave it all in the ring.

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
No weapons involved, the boxer wins way more than he'd lose, the amount of times he wins depends on how good the boxer is. The only thing hurting him here is the experience. Weight doesn't mean that much in this.

Damn that's the longest streetfight I've seen besides the one where Kimbo got beat. Dude obviously had a boxing background. Props for beating up a guy 20 lbs bigger than him.

·
Registered
841 Posts
From my exp. the average thug will be throwing a lot of wild wide hooks like most streetfighters do when they're trying to get lucky. They'll be easy to duck while getting in to put a few good straight shots and a finishing hook. You also have to take into account that a streetfighter will be gassed in about a minute tops, while boxer could run circles round the dude for an hour.

Boxer vs. thug=Boxer, no matter how pick the guy is.

Just be smart during the fight and you'll come out on top.

Weapons present=Walk away.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Jab. Jab. Jab. I've found that in almost every "street" fight that I've ever been in a jab absolutely ruins the other guy. Trust me. You may not even have to finish the fight if you frustrate the hell out of him with a peppered jab.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Damn that's the longest streetfight I've seen besides the one where Kimbo got beat. Dude obviously had a boxing background. Props for beating up a guy 20 lbs bigger than him.
I remember this vid. The guy def. has had some boxing background. Whats up with those backfists and gay kicks the meathead guy was throwing lol:laugh:.

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
I remember this vid. The guy def. has had some boxing background. Whats up with those backfists and gay kicks the meathead guy was throwing lol:laugh:.
LOL that was his ultimate move. He did it when he was in trouble but the other guy timed it easily.

Jab. Jab. Jab. I've found that in almost every "street" fight that I've ever been in a jab absolutely ruins the other guy. Trust me. You may not even have to finish the fight if you frustrate the hell out of him with a peppered jab.
Man I've seen a guy get dropped by a jab in a streetfight.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I got another problem,i got a kidney problem which is being treated.Everything is going well but my parents are telling me i shouldn't go boxing cuz if i get hit in the kidney its over.Should i still try and reach my goal to becoming a pro boxer?

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Man I've seen a guy get dropped by a jab in a streetfight.
That was me.
I got another problem,i got a kidney problem which is being treated.Everything is going well but my parents are telling me i shouldn't go boxing cuz if i get hit in the kidney its over.Should i still try and reach my goal to becoming a pro boxer?
Absolutely.

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
I knew a guy like that who could get seriously hurt by any bodyshot because he almost didn't have any muscle on the right side of his midsection. He could train at the gym because the trainer would tell guys to hit him with headshots only but he couldn't compete as an amateur let alone turn pro. If your problem can be fixed then more power to you but if it doesn't go away you shouldn't try to turn pro man.

That was me.
You're the one who got dropped? Damn homie didn't know you had a china chin! :laugh:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts