Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I am a newcomer here, and wanted to gain some input into a few documents I acquired while researching for a book. Although my book was on wrestling, I met with individuals who were also tied to the boxing business, and in that process, I was given the following documents:

1. New York State Athletic Commission contract for the June 29, 1945 fight between "Tommy Rocky Graziano" and Freddie Cochrane at Madison Square Garden. The document was signed by Nat Rogers, Freddie Cochrane and Willie Gilzenberg.

2. New York State Athletic Commission contract for Cochrane's September 10, 1942 fight against Fritzie Zivic at the Garden. The document was signed by promoter Michael (Mike) Jacobs.

3. Original, notarized contract between Tony Galento and Gilzenberg from 1949. Galento signed his real name (Domenick A. Galento), Gilzenberg signed it, as did the public notary.

All of the signatures are real, not copies.

I am wondering if there is any interest in these documents, and a few others that I have, and what kind of value I should place on them. I have also considered donating one (or all) of them to a Hall of Fame organization.

Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts