Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey

I'm new to these forums and was just wondering if i could get some advice,since the people here seem to know their stuff.

I'm not going into boxing or anything, just wanting to get a punchbag for keeping fit really,since I do other sports that require upper body strength,and of course for taking stress out occasionally :D

Knowing that, what kind of punchbag would you recommend?

Thanks

Syed

·
Registered
841 Posts
Hey

I'm new to these forums and was just wondering if i could get some advice,since the people here seem to know their stuff.

I'm not going into boxing or anything, just wanting to get a punchbag for keeping fit really,since I do other sports that require upper body strength,and of course for taking stress out occasionally :D

Knowing that, what kind of punchbag would you recommend?

Thanks

Syed
The heavybag, but you need to get yourself some gloves and wraps along with that so you don't damage your hands. How much are you planning on spending?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
The heavybag, but you need to get yourself some gloves and wraps along with that so you don't damage your hands. How much are you planning on spending?
Well...up to £70 would be ideal I guess...I do want a decent quality bag which will last a while...But if you do if have something in mind which is a bit more expensive, do tell me anyway and I'll see. Also it'd be good to have one which I could kick as well as punch.

Might as well give you my details...
I'm 5'3(yeah I'm tiny haha)and weigh around 110 lbs.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Well I went to the best UK boxing site since I'm guessing you live there judging by you using the pound, but here's what I came up with.

The bag-4ft or whichever one is heaviest, I don't really understand their sizing
Sugarrays*::*Punchbags...

Get bag gloves that look anything like these
Sugarrays*::*Gloves*(...

And not like this

Along with those you need some hand wraps
Sugarrays*::*Handwraps*and...
If you can find Mexican wraps that would be better.

Then you will also need to find some means of hanging your heavybag(punchbag)

All of this will run you more that 70 pounds, and if you want to look at better equipment imo go to Ringside.com only the shipping will be a pain for you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I went to the best UK boxing site since I'm guessing you live there judging by you using the pound, but here's what I came up with.

The bag-4ft or whichever one is heaviest, I don't really understand their sizing
Sugarrays*::*Punchbags...

Get bag gloves that look anything like these

And not like this

Along with those you need some hand wraps
Sugarrays*::*Handwraps*and...
If you can find Mexican wraps that would be better.

Then you will also need to find some means of hanging your heavybag(punchbag)

All of this will run you more that 70 pounds, and if you want to look at better equipment imo go to Ringside.com only the shipping will be a pain for you.
Thanks for that...well what kind of bag weight should I go for,looking at my height and weight? and what height should the bag be?and should it be leather,as it lasts longer?

Sorry for all the questions,but I'm pretty clueless hehe.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Atleast 100lbs or in kg I think 45kg, so I'm guessing the 4ft bag is about 100lbs. Leather will last longer and is better quality but will ofcourse cost more so thats up to you, I personally like it better. I also forgot to mention when you get your bag gloves, get 14oz gloves, and no lighter for bag work, and since you said your doing this just for the workout I suggest you get 16oz. No need to apologize, keep the questions coming:thumbsup:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hmm...okay so you'd recommend 16 oz gloves...any brand in mind?

and a 100 lb punchbag...you definitely think this'll be the right weight considering my height(5'3) and weight(110 lbs)?

Thanks

·
Registered
841 Posts
Well if your serious about it, get some grants, ringside, or cleto's. Otherwise Everlast and title will do just fine. Anything lighter than 100lb heavybag is going to swing around to much and I think you said you already have good upper body strength so heavier bags are better for heavier punches.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks a lot man you've been a great help...I dont know how you put up with all my questions!

Also,if I'm wanting more advice some other time,do you mind if I PM u?

Thanks once again

Syed

·
Registered
3 Posts
We offer punching bags, which are manufactured from vinyl material water repellent with thick attachments at the top & bottom . These also have hanging chains & zip closing and are tear proof. Our range of punching bags are available at most competitive prices.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts