Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Boxing Fans,

Together we can do what no one else seems to be able to do!

Join us in creating a voice that will thunder from coast to coast.

Check out http://www.boxingfans.us

Let us know what you think.

We need YOU!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Something out there needs to be unified. Its funny how theres always talk ab out unifying titles but all I see is more and more division in status. It'd be nice to have a National Boxing Commision.

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
While I loved how they added more weight divisions over the years and leveled the competition a bit, The number of organizations producing "championship titles" also grew. There will always be controversy over who the "real" champ is in a given weight class, until there is some sort of internationally reckognized governing body, with ONE champion.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Until the fighters themselves take more control over the sport and promotors go back to just pormoting fights, it will not get better. The all mighty dollar has a tighter grip on the belts than it ever has. With few "known" names out there to draw in crowds, promotors get more control and fighters have to take what they can get.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
I would like to see some kind of pension/retirement plan.

There are so many ex boxers that are broke or blew all there money.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I'd have to agree with Triple A that money is the root of evil in this situation. Its probably why it would be hard pressed to see something actually get done.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I agree about the pension and adding something that you and I get in our jobs - 401K plans etc. I saw a story of a boxer who woked hard and got some fights done. Then after he lost some fights, he lost all of his money and ended up badly, physically and financially.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts