Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I'm new to this forum and excited about the calendar of fights coming up in the next few months, like Hopkins v. Pavlik, de la Hoya v. Pacquiao, and Hatton v. Malignaggi. But I just moved to Portland, Oregon, from the east coast, and I have no idea where to go to watch HBO and PPV boxing. Is there anyone else on here from the Portland area? Do you know of any bars that show the PPV fights? I've found plenty of places showing MMA, but boxing doesn't seem like it is as popular, which is a shame. Can anyone help me out?

Thanks,
Todd

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nah--I can't afford to buy all the PPV events on my own. It sucks that MMA seems to have a much bigger following here than boxing. In Philly and NYC, there were tons of places to go and watch a PPV boxing match.
Todd

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
If you live in the city, there has to be at least one spot where they televise it for a cover charge. They probably show it those same places where they show MMGay.

When in doubt, there's always a free live stream on the net, if you want better quality there are probably paying live streams as well.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey thanks for the response. All of the MMA places I've called so far do not show boxing, though of course I might not be familiar with all the MMA places. Can anyone recommend a better-quality internet stream, even one that charges $$.
Thanks,
Todd

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Hello. I'm new to this forum and excited about the calendar of fights coming up in the next few months, like Hopkins v. Pavlik, de la Hoya v. Pacquiao, and Hatton v. Malignaggi. But I just moved to Portland, Oregon, from the east coast, and I have no idea where to go to watch HBO and PPV boxing. Is there anyone else on here from the Portland area? Do you know of any bars that show the PPV fights? I've found plenty of places showing MMA, but boxing doesn't seem like it is as popular, which is a shame. Can anyone help me out?

Thanks,
Todd
Todd, hey man my name is Shane. I have a stream (live feed) to 99% of all fights that are televised that you can watch online. Stick around, and anytime you can't get a hold of a place to watch fights I will send you a link to the streams. I do this for quite a few people at this site. You can send me a PM (private message) a day or two before the fights and I'll hook you up, or sometimes I just post them here in the general area.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts