Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm new to this forum. Glad to see I've found a solid forum for boxing. I'll have to hype this site up!

I am posting this thread to see how fans want to see boxing media improve. I've co-founded two boxing websites: Saveboxing.com, which I suggest everyone starts a profile on right now, and BoxingHerald.com which will launch May 1.

I would love feedback for Saveboxing.com (what's good about the site?; how can it improve?), and I would love to hear story ideas for BoxingHerald.com. We have 38 writers and we want to know what fans want to read!

Peace! Looking forward to posting here a lot more in the future!

·
tellin' it like it is
18,612 Posts
Hello,

I'm new to this forum. Glad to see I've found a solid forum for boxing. I'll have to hype this site up!

I am posting this thread to see how fans want to see boxing media improve. I've co-founded two boxing websites: Saveboxing.com, which I suggest everyone starts a profile on right now, and BoxingHerald.com which will launch May 1.

I would love feedback for Saveboxing.com (what's good about the site?; how can it improve?), and I would love to hear story ideas for BoxingHerald.com. We have 38 writers and we want to know what fans want to read!

is this THE dan horgan? if so, it's a pleasure to have you join the forum!

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Hello,

Welcome aboard!
-Shane

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Welcome to BF.com, Dan, good to have you here!

You wrote over at Maxboxing.com before, right?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Hello,

For starters, I think the whole "save boxing" thing has been well played out. Flashes of Sports Illustrated covers featuring DLH and PBF come to mind. I have been to the sight. I think boxing needs to take a lesson from UFC-type marketing. They have a pool of talentless fighters (albeit phenomenal wrestlers) and yet people still love to watch them, even me. Well, sometimes. At any rate, they really know how to play the game. They could have a title bout between a pile of crap and a giant douche and still pull in more ppv sales than Holyfeild-Burd.

That's what I think.

Oh and as far as hyping up this site you have alot of work ahead of you. It seems I'm the only one here that joined online and regularly posts without previously knowing everyone here.

Every time I mention that or ask for a 9 minute 2-mile youtube video from Lance, there is no response.

·
Registered
808 Posts
For starters, I think the whole "save boxing" thing has been well played out. Flashes of Sports Illustrated covers featuring DLH and PBF come to mind. I have been to the sight. I think boxing needs to take a lesson from UFC-type marketing. They have a pool of talentless fighters (albeit phenomenal wrestlers) and yet people still love to watch them, even me. Well, sometimes. At any rate, they really know how to play the game. They could have a title bout between a pile of crap and a giant douche and still pull in more ppv sales than Holyfeild-Burd.

That's what I think.

Oh and as far as hyping up this site you have alot of work ahead of you. It seems I'm the only one here that joined online and regularly posts without previously knowing everyone here.

Every time I mention that or ask for a 9 minute 2-mile youtube video from Lance, there is no response.
I didn't know anyone here when i joined the site , but i think everyone here is cool for the most part. So i dont think it would be that hard to hype up this site.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts

That's what I think.

Nobody knew eachother prior to signing up here bro.

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
Hello,

Dang Dan you dont have to hype the site just tell the folks I'm here LOL Seriously welcome aboard Dan its good to have you here

·
Banned
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
is this THE dan horgan? if so, it's a pleasure to have you join the forum!

Yes, it's me, although I don't think I've quite earned 'THE' Dan Horgan status quite yet. :)

Thanks for all of the welcome aboard messages. I enjoyed Saturday's fights on HBO. I like Cotto to beat Margarito in July.

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
Yes, it's me, although I don't think I've quite earned 'THE' Dan Horgan status quite yet. :)

Thanks for all of the welcome aboard messages. I enjoyed Saturday's fights on HBO. I like Cotto to beat Margarito in July.
It'll be a war Dan thats for sure

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.