Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What can you guys come up with? Heres some. These are the ppv buys. I'd like to keep this update with all the ppv events now adays.

Jones-Trindad - 500,000
Pacquiao-Marquez II - 525,000

Mayweather-Oscar - 2,500,000
Mayweather-Hatton - 1,000,000
Cotto-Mosley - 400,000

Vargas-Mosley II - 350,000
De La Hoya-Mayorga - 900,000
Hopkins-Tarver - 330,000
Mayweather-Judah - 350,000
Vargas-Mosley - 400,000

Morales-Pacquiao I - 350,000
Mayweather-Gatti - 360,000
Taylor-Hopkins I - 370,000
Taylor-Hopkins II - 410,000
Jones-Tarver III - 440,000
Trinidad-Wright - 520,000

Jones-Tarver II - 384,000
Trinidad-Mayorga - 420,000
De La Hoya-Hopkins - 1,000,000

Jones-Tarver I - 305,000
De La Hoya-Mosley II - 950,000
Jones-Ruiz - 602,000

Tyson-Lewis - 1,800,000
Oscar-Vargas - 950,000

·
El Violento
8,076 Posts
You want a list of PPV buys? Here it is. It's about as accurate as it's going to get

Oscar De La Hoya-Floyd Mayweather: 2.4 MIL

Mike Tyson-Evander Holyfield 2: 1.99 MIL

Mike Tyson-Lennox Lewis: 1.8 MIL

Mike Tyson-Evander Holyfield 1: 1.59 MIL

Mike Tyson-Peter McNeely: 1.55 MIL

Evander Holyfield-George Foreman: 1.4 MIL

Oscar De La Hoya-Felix Trinidad: 1.4 MIL

Mike Tyson-Frank Bruno 2: 1.37 MIL

Mike Tyson-Razor Ruddock 2: 1.25 MIL

Evander Holyfield-Lennox Lewis 1: 1.2 MIL

Evander Holyfield-Buster Douglas: 1.06 MIL

Mike Tyson-Bruce Selden: 1.01 MIL

Oscar De La Hoya-Bernard Hopkins: 1.0 Mil

Oscar De La Hoya-Shane Mosley 2: 975K

Mike Tyson-Razor Ruddock 1: 959K

Oscar De La Hoya-Fernando Vargas: 940K

Oscar De La Hoya-Ricardo Mayorga: 935K

Evander Holyfield-Riddick Bowe 1: 929K

Oscar De La Hoya-Pernell Whitaker: 720K

Mike Tyson-Frans Botha: 700K

Oscar De La Hoya-Shane Mosley 1: 585K

Oscar De La Hoya-Ike Quartey: 570K

Oscar De La Hoya-Hector Camacho: 560K

Oscar De La Hoya-Julio Cesar Chavez 2: 525K

Felix Trinidad-Winky Wright: 520K

Felix Trinidad-Fernando Vargas: 520K

Felix Trinidad-Bernard Hopkins: 475K

Mike Tyson-Andrew Golota: 450K

Lennox Lewis-David Tua: 420K

Roy Jones-Antonio Tarver 3: 415K

Shane Mosley-Fernando Vargas 2: 415K

Jermain Taylor-Bernard Hopkins 2: 410K

Oscar De La Hoya-Javier Castillejo: 400K

Floyd Mayweather-Zab Judah: 400k

Oscar De La Hoya-Felix Sturm: 380K

Shane Mosley-Fernando Vargas 2: 375K

Jermain Taylor-Bernard Hopkins 1: 370K

Arturo Gatti-Floyd Mayweather: 360K

Felix Trinidad-William Joppy: 350K

Lennox Lewis-Michael Grant: 350K

Bernard Hopkins-Antonio Tarver: 350K

Oscar De La Hoya-Yory Boy Campas: 350K

Erik Morales-Manny Pacquia 3: 360K

Erik Morales-Manny Pacquia 2: 350k

Erik Morales-Manny Pacquiao 1: 340K

Floyd Mayweather-Carlos Baldomir: 340K

Oscar De La Hoya-Miguel Angel Gonzales: 345K

Erik Morales-Marco Antonio Barrera 1,2,3: Between 300k-330K each

Oscar De La Hoya-Rafael Ruelas: 330K

Bernard Hopkins-Winky Wright: 305K

Oscar De La Hoya-Wilfredo Rivera: 240K

Shane Mosley-David Estrada & Antonio Margarito-Kermit Cintron: 225K

Marco Antonio Barrera-Juan Manuel Marquez: 225K

Oscar De La Hoya-Genaro Hernandez: 220K

Miguel Cotto-Zab Judah: 180K

John Ruiz-Andrew Golota: 175K

Marco Antonio Barrera-Rocky Juarez: 165K

Roy Jones Jr-Eric Harding: 125K

Vitali Klitschko-Danny Williams: 120K

Marco Antonio Barrera-Robbie Peden & Shane Mosley-Jose Luis Cruz: 110K

Miguel Cotto-Paulie Malignaggi : 90K

Marco Antonio Barrera-Mzonke Fana: 75K

Hasim Rahman-Oleg Maskaev: 60K

Antonio Margarito-Manuel Gomez: 35K

Roy Jones-Anthony Hanshaw: 24K

·
El Violento
8,076 Posts
My cousin. She works in promotions. The financial end. Unfortunately, not fight promotions.

CPG companies, who are typically the corporate sponsors, track the numbers so they can calculate the efficiency of the trade spend and media buys.

Viewership and household penetration is tracked closely. Otherwise, how do you know if you are spending your money wisely?

The two key (purchase and media data) firms used by CPG companies are IRI and AC Nielsen.

·
El Violento
8,076 Posts
haha ok ?
My cousin told me to never trust a promoters buy rate. Cuz he's most likely going put the numbers to his benefit. A perfect example would be Miguel Cotto-Zab Judah. Bob Arum said it did 300,000 plus buys. It did 180,000

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
My cousin told me to never trust a promoters buy rate. Cuz he's most likely going put the numbers to his benefit. A perfect example would be Miguel Cotto-Zab Judah. Bob Arum said it did 300,000 plus buys. It did 180,000
I dont beleive that for a second VD because if the promoter is claiming the fight is selling more than it actualy is he'll be having to fork out more money to the fighters than he's actualy made.

·
El Violento
8,076 Posts
I dont beleive that for a second VD because if the promoter is claiming the fight is selling more than it actualy is he'll be having to fork out more money to the fighters than he's actualy made.
What a promoter tells the public is one thing. What he shows his fighter is another. Arum is turning Cotto into a superstar. Arum inflated Cotto-Judah numbers cuz at that time there was talk that Cotto couldn't sell a fight. Arum was trying to make it look otherwise.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
What a promoter tells the public is one thing. What he shows his fighter is another. Arum is turning Cotto into a superstar. Arum inflated Cotto-Judah numbers cuz at that time there was talk that Cotto couldn't sell a fight. Arum was trying to make it look otherwise.
Of course. Arum is a natural born lier. That's the man who came up with "Yesterday I was lying. Today I'm telling the truth."

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
I disagree, Arum has even changed his policy to not disclosing PPV numbers because of what fighters are demanding.

·
tellin' it like it is
18,612 Posts
yup yup. this is the basis of floyd' lawsuit against top rank.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Yeah, then he goes on record giving an estimate? A higher than expected one? I can't fall for his lies.
He doesn't gain anything from doing this though, he'll be losing money if thats his game because he'll have to pay the fighters more money.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If arum told me that is was dark at midnight, i'd look out my windows to make sure.

However, arum isnt the only one to falsify ppv buy rates. I believe cotto judah did more than 180 thousand ppv buys.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
He doesn't gain anything from doing this though, he'll be losing money if thats his game because he'll have to pay the fighters more money.
tommy's right, if anything they would show lower numbers for their benefit. Fighters get a cut of that ppv money, the higher the total, the more they have to pay their fighters.

·
El Violento
8,076 Posts
tommy's right, if anything they would show lower numbers for their benefit. Fighters get a cut of that ppv money, the higher the total, the more they have to pay their fighters.
Nobody benefits from showing lower numbers. Damn sure not the promoter. You can't justify putting a fighter on PPV if he can't sell. It's that simple.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Of course Lance, only an idiot would do something like that, say what you like about Bob, he aint no idiot.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
He's no idiot but he's a crook just like all promoters in boxing. So the question is, did mayweather delahoya really do 2.4 million then?

1 - 20 of 105 Posts