Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A discussion with my buddies during the fight led to the following question. We realize that Mayweather/Hatton will get the lion's share of the purse (mostly Mayweather), but how much do the guys on the undercard make?

• Welterweights: Floyd Mayweather Jr. (38-0, 24 KOs) vs. Ricky Hatton (43-0, 31 KOs), 12 rounds, for Mayweather's title

• Super middleweights: Jeff Lacy (22-1, 17 KOs) vs. Peter Manfredo Jr. (28-4, 13 KOs), 10 rounds

• Junior featherweights: Daniel Ponce De Leon (33-1, 30 KOs) vs. Eduardo Escobedo (20-2, 14 KOs), 12 rounds, for Ponce De Leon's title

• Lightweights: Edner Cherry (22-5-2, 10 KOs) vs. Wes Ferguson (17-2-1, 5 KOs), rematch, 10 rounds

Is there an official website that posts boxing salaries?

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
i estimate edner cherry and wes ferguson got around 50 - 100 thousand a piece, jeff lacy and ponce de leon got most likely 1 million, manfredo and eduardo got probablye 300 k or so.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Hatton said he got £1,200 (almost $2,500) for his pro debut, and his early fights he was fighting for like £2,000 (over $4,000) a fight. I really didnt think you got that much just starting out, anyone know how much like your regular journeyman pro will get per fight?

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
journeyman can make between $1000-$5000 for a fight, depends how durable they are and who there fighting.

·
Registered
96 Posts
TysonJones said:
i estimate edner cherry and wes ferguson got around 50 - 100 thousand a piece, jeff lacy and ponce de leon got most likely 1 million, manfredo and eduardo got probablye 300 k or so.
Those numbers might be a little off. 1mil for Lacky and Ponce De Leon? I dont know about that. Sounds a little too much, Lacky is not a title holder nor is he in the top 3 in the middle weight. I will check with the NSAC.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
but lacy is a former champ and he is top 5 in the supermiddleweight division. lacy has made upwards of 4 or 5 before.

·
Registered
96 Posts
TysonJones said:
but lacy is a former champ and he is top 5 in the supermiddleweight division. lacy has made upwards of 4 or 5 before.
The most Lacy has made in his career, was the fight with Joe Calz, and I am sure he didnt make 4-5 mil.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I think there's absolutely no way Lacy made anywhere near a mil for manfredo. For the calzaghe fight calzaghe stated "I'm making a little bit more than usual for this fight, but this isn't a money fight for joe calzaghe". Calzaghe was on about £300k per fight before that so if you estimate he made between £400k-500k for Lacy, i reckon Lacy made something similar. So for manfredo i'm guessing $100k-150k, and only that much 'cos he signed with Golden Boy recently.

Typical undercard fight: Katsidis v Amonsot from Hopkins Wright. Katsidis stated he earnt $100k.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts