Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Gaddes.
Brett Gaddes of NSW Australia (Down under)
If I'm from Down Under then you guys must be like Stallone and over the top, right?

Listen.....I need somebody to answer this life long question that nobody will answer for me.

Remember the Manny Pacquiao fight against Marquez?

Well, Pacman knocked down Marquez 3 times in round one right?

First, how would you score that round? A 10-9 round? 10-8? or 3 knock downs resulting in a 10-7 round?

Secondly, and this is most important! Marquez went on to win the next 11 rounds after those 3 knock downs so how in the hell was that fight called a draw?

Manny Pacquiao knocks him down 3 times in round one, doesn't win any more rounds after that and they called it a draw?

I don't understand the outcome of that one fight.

Marquez won 11 rounds.
Pacman one round and it's a draw? How?

Are those 2 gonna tangle again?

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
The first is a 10-6 round, 10-9 because Pac won the round then -1 point for each KD. JMM didnt win all 11 rounds, he won 7 or 8 IMO and could have got the decision, but it was a close fight.

·
tellin' it like it is
18,612 Posts
LeedsLad said:
The first is a 10-6 round, 10-9 because Pac won the round then -1 point for each KD. JMM didnt win all 11 rounds, he won 7 or 8 IMO and could have got the decision, but it was a close fight.
as far as the first round goes, yes you can score the fight 10-6, but a judge can score it 10-7 if they want. it all depends on how the fighter reacts after they're knocked down. for instance, a guy can get knocked down in a round and you think it's automatically a 10-8 round. now, if the fighter knocked down was dominating the round before the knockdown, or proceeds to dominate afterwards then a judge can score that 10-9 as oppsed to 10-8. a judge is free to use their own discretion.

marquez pretty much dominated the fight after that first round. people like to say that pac was robbed, but i don't think that was the case. and yes, pac and jmm will get it on again. it's a big paycheck for both fighters.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
That is true BigDigga, but in this case i would say Pac won the round 10-6, as JMM did pretty much nothing but fall on his ass in that round:laugh:

And welcome mate!

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
the first round should have been scored a 10-6 round.

welcome to the forum mate.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
PrettyBoyFloyd said:
The first round should be 10-6, and Marquez should have got the nod.
you mean pac. lol

if i remember correct there was a judging mistake in the fight and someone scored the first 10-7 instead of 10-6.

·
tellin' it like it is
18,612 Posts
i remember the judge stating the he thought it was a 10-7 round. then he swtiched up and said he didn't know you could score a 10-6 round after being ridiculed. how the hell does a judge not know a round can be scored 10-6?

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
St. Brett said:

Gaddes.
Brett Gaddes of NSW Australia (Down under)
If I'm from Down Under then you guys must be like Stallone and over the top, right?

Listen.....I need somebody to answer this life long question that nobody will answer for me.

Remember the Manny Pacquiao fight against Marquez?

Well, Pacman knocked down Marquez 3 times in round one right?

First, how would you score that round? A 10-9 round? 10-8? or 3 knock downs resulting in a 10-7 round?

Secondly, and this is most important! Marquez went on to win the next 11 rounds after those 3 knock downs so how in the hell was that fight called a draw?

Manny Pacquiao knocks him down 3 times in round one, doesn't win any more rounds after that and they called it a draw?

I don't understand the outcome of that one fight.

Marquez won 11 rounds.
Pacman one round and it's a draw? How?

Are those 2 gonna tangle again?
Because they stole the fight from Marquez.
like they do for the big name fighters ALA Taylor ALA Floyd and ALA R.Hatton

·
Registered
424 Posts
for some reason i thought if a fighter gets knocked down, but clearly wins the round. it would be a 9-9 round. I though the knock down would take one point from that fighters score..making him get a nine. BUT if he also won the round, the Other fighter loses a point, making him receive a 9 Too. why don't they do that? makes more sense then making it a 10-9 round to me.

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
Meltdown50 said:
for some reason i thought if a fighter gets knocked down, but clearly wins the round. it would be a 9-9 round. I though the knock down would take one point from that fighters score..making him get a nine. BUT if he also won the round, the Other fighter loses a point, making him receive a 9 Too. why don't they do that? makes more sense then making it a 10-9 round to me.
That’s the way its suppose to be done
But like most people here the judges don't know how to score a fight
.:D

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
1 knock down = 10-8 round. 2 knock downs = 10-7 round. 3 knock downs = 10-7 round (no clue why, its just how it is), 4 knock downs, its almost always stopped, but if thats not the case, then 10-6 round.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, I didn't see Pacman win another round after the first.

Those were the days when he only had a left hook to rely on and nothing else like Razor Ruddock.

Is this a Yanky website or British?

How'd that Smith guy go on The Contender? The British guy?

Can you believe I have this Tyson memrobilia and nobody wants it?

I'm trying to give it to one of my fellow country men for free and nobody is taking up the offer.

How has Marquez gone since that drawn fight? We don't get results of fights overseas here.
Believe me NSW Sydney is pretty much deprived of world Boxing here.
Only when it's a world title fight do they show a small amount of interest.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
St. Brett said:
1. Is this a Yanky website or British?

2. How'd that Smith guy go on The Contender? The British guy?

3. How has Marquez gone since that drawn fight? We don't get results of fights overseas here.
1. Its international, mainly Brit or Yank, but a few other Europeans and even a few Aussies around here too.

2. Hes out, dont know how but hes gone anyway.

3. Marquez hasnt done much, hes won a few fights against nobodies and lost to Chris John, another bad decision in a fight he should have won. Hopefully a rematch between JMM and Pac will be made for 08!

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Paul smith barely won his fight against sub par competition in David Banks. Only the top 4 of the 5 winners advance to the semi finals. The two semifinal fights are going to be 8 rounds rather than 5, and the two fights consist of Jaidon Codrington vs Wayne Johnson and Sakio Bika vs Sam Soliman. The Codrington fight will be the next fight, followd by the Soliman-Bika fight.

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
PrettyBoyFloyd said:
Paul smith barely won his fight against sub par competition in David Banks. Only the top 4 of the 5 winners advance to the semi finals. The two semifinal fights are going to be 8 rounds rather than 5, and the two fights consist of Jaidon Codrington vs Wayne Johnson and Sakio Bika vs Sam Soliman. The Codrington fight will be the next fight, followd by the Soliman-Bika fight.
What????????????????????????????????????

1 - 20 of 20 Posts