Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gentlemen,

I have been having the hardest time trying to find someone who wouldn't mind giving me boxing training!

I am looking to train like a boxer for health reasons as well as a few other reasons but I am having no luck at all finding someone who will work with me. I have been told that this training is very tough but I am determined to try it.

Do any of you know someone in Philadelphia, PA that would be willing to work with me? I have my gloves (12 oz.) already and am looking to try it once maybe twice a week. (I am going to the gym 3xs a week.)

If you know someone...please let me know.

Ky'a

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok...maybe I should have said this earlier but I am not interested in taking a "girlie class" at the local gym. LOL

I want individual training. The classes that are at my gym are not "focuhsed" enough. But thank you very much for your comment.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Gentlemen,

I have been having the hardest time trying to find someone who wouldn't mind giving me boxing training!

I am looking to train like a boxer for health reasons as well as a few other reasons but I am having no luck at all finding someone who will work with me. I have been told that this training is very tough but I am determined to try it.

Do any of you know someone in Philadelphia, PA that would be willing to work with me? I have my gloves (12 oz.) already and am looking to try it once maybe twice a week. (I am going to the gym 3xs a week.)

Ky'a
I don't know about over there. But come to Los Angeles. You can find what you need over here

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Gentlemen,

Ky'a
I'm sure there are plenty of gyms in Philly, well, I know there are. There were a lot in the Golden Gloves this year. Just go to a few, check them out, and tell them you just want to work out, no sparring or fighting.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
No problem, and don't let a gyms looks fool you. A lot of times the hole-in-the-wall gyms are the best, and the fancy gyms are the worst.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Gentlemen,

Ky'a
Hi I'm Darlene. Hope you stick around. Would be nice to have another female around. These are a bunch of great guys. If you like boxing you'll enjoy it here

·
Registered
24 Posts
gurl iam from philly thier are sum great gyms here. joe fraziers/the gym rocky trained at. na but ur not gonna gonna get a trainer rite off the back ur gonna have to show'em the deal. to them ur just another kid off the street reday ta join only 2 quit.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi I'm Darlene. Hope you stick around. Would be nice to have another female around. These are a bunch of great guys. If you like boxing you'll enjoy it here
Hi Darlene. It is funny but I almost left. Really...I was but saw your posting and I think I might stay a while. :) Thanks for the vote of encouragement. I did surf the net again last night and got the phone number to a guy who used to box who is now giving training lessons. I was gonna call him today.

The price is a bit steep for me but no harm in trying, right? I'll let you know what happens.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That was exactly the reason I didn't want to "box" at my gym. I would prefer going to a place that looks more like a men's locker room with no light! LOL (No offense guys!) I will remember your advice when I am looking at the gyms. Thanks again.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts