Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone here have asthma who boxes? I have asthma and it doesn't really bother me at all when i'm training but sometimes on rare occasions it'll act up but since i know how to control my breathing i can go on but it does get harder to breathe and i tend to struggle only getting in a half a seconds worth of breath. Anyone here know any tricks to get around it or prevent it from acting up? It's not a problem i just wouldn't like it to act during a competition fight.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Does anyone here have asthma who boxes? I have asthma and it doesn't really bother me at all when i'm training but sometimes on rare occasions it'll act up but since i know how to control my breathing i can go on but it does get harder to breathe and i tend to struggle only getting in a half a seconds worth of breath. Anyone here know any tricks to get around it or prevent it from acting up? It's not a problem i just wouldn't like it to act during a competition fight.
I'd ask the family doc about that because if it does act up, that's when it would most likely happen due to all of the epinephrine(adrenaline) and nervousness bfore and during a fight that could potentially set it off.

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
I have bad asthma. I sometimes have trouble exercising. But I never really feel in danger of anything bad happening. I just take a little break and start again. No trouble really.

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
I'm pretty sure there aren't any. However you can adapt your style and training around it if it becomes a problem.

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
It has become a problem but i think its cause of the new gym. My trainer is painting it and its dusty too and those are triggers of asthma but i'm just hoping it doesn't keep acting up.
Dust is one of the worst things for me too :laugh::laugh:. If I were you I'd just keep your head down, and if it does get bad make the necessary changes. But don't leave it too late!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts