Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bernard Hopkins vs. Kelly Pavlik

The Executioner entered the fight a 7-2 underdog against The Ghost. In a BoxingForum poll before the Hopkins-Pavlik fight 50 members went with Pavlik winning to 17 for Hopkins. Even the biggest Hopkins supporters could only muster a split decision win for The Executioner.

After a close split decision loss to Joe Calzaghe earlier in the year, where Bernard uncharacteristically seemed to be devoid of energy down the stretch, he was counted out by 90% of the boxing media. Hopkins proved them wrong and started serving crow from the beginning of he fight; as he never let it look like he was not the only one in control that night.

They said Pavlik was too young, too strong, and had too much heart for a now four round fighter like Hopkins. They said that he was on his way out; he very well may be, but if he is, it'll be like many of his peers couldn't, on top.

·
Iron Lungs
3,315 Posts
Yea I think I voted this fight, some had the Cotto vs Margarito, I dont think that was as much an upset as an "old" fighter beating the upcoming "young" fighter, which wasnt supposed to happen in some peoples eyes. I was even skeptical of a B hop win but as the fight got closer, for some reason I felt Bhop would win, glad he brought Pavlik back down to earth.

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I always said he would clown Pavlik. But I must admit I saw Kelly winning at least 4 rounds. He prolly would have if he wasn't sick.
:cop: Don't make me dig up the posts; I remember you predicting a split decision for Hopkins. There was no clowning uttered:cheeky4:.

·
The Professor
8,572 Posts
:cop: Don't make me dig up the posts; I remember you predicting a split decision for Hopkins. There was no clowning uttered:cheeky4:.
I didn't say clown in every post I made. I made a lot of posts...1-2 were slightly nervous posts where I had a moment of weakness and thought Hopkins was washed up. Corrected such thoughts however and went back to my original prediction. Complete clownage.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts