Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the doc yesterday for my knee and when they took my blood pressure I was happy to see it dropped to 120 over 70. Also lost 15 pounds, all since joining the boxing gym about 5 months ago. Man, that makes me real happy. As you guys know, It was tough at first to get through the floorwork. Now, I'm burrying guys half my age, cheering them on as they hit the wall and I keep going. It's really cool. Looks like a habit I'm going to stick with. Just thought I'd share the joy. Doc was really pleased with what I've accomplished boxing in light of my knee, too.

Wife says she likes the way I'm looking, too ;)

·
Iron Lungs
3,315 Posts
Hey man, Im glad to hear that your taking care of your body, I should do the same, Im not getting any younger but for my age (23) ive been in the worse shape the last few years, thread is somewhat motivational for me . thanks and keep it up

·
Registered
212 Posts
Went to the doc yesterday for my knee and when they took my blood pressure I was happy to see it dropped to 120 over 70. Also lost 15 pounds, all since joining the boxing gym about 5 months ago. Man, that makes me real happy. As you guys know, It was tough at first to get through the floorwork. Now, I'm burrying guys half my age, cheering them on as they hit the wall and I keep going. It's really cool. Looks like a habit I'm going to stick with. Just thought I'd share the joy. Doc was really pleased with what I've accomplished boxing in light of my knee, too.

Wife says she likes the way I'm looking, too ;)
good job, keep it up

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
"wife says she likes the way I'm looking, too" :laugh: sounds fantastic man keep it up at your age its tough and hearing that from the person who probably sees you naked all the time is just swell isn't it :laugh::laugh: Good job on the training.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah

"wife says she likes the way I'm looking, too" :laugh: sounds fantastic man keep it up at your age its tough and hearing that from the person who probably sees you naked all the time is just swell isn't it :laugh::laugh: Good job on the training.
Thanks. Yeah, past 40 it can get ugly in a hurry.

·
Registered
772 Posts
i use boxing as a way to keep fit as well.....

every other day i'm at the gym i hit the heavybag for at least a half hour before i do my free weights or getting on the running machine(treadmill) .... it keeps you fit and i enjoy hitting the shiit out of the bag:laugh:.... i like to shadow box as well at home, but i' considering investing in a heavybag and a speed ball for home and maybe some weights and a running machine..... its alot of money but i'll save alot more money on my gym membership.... especially with the little one growing up he's an extra mouth to feed obviously ... so moneys getting tight at the moment. but i'm sure i'll be cool.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts