Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
I'll buy it, you guys are just mad that he isnt fighting cotto. The fact is, he will eventually fight cotto and many still believe oscar somehow won the first fight and Im glad floyd gets a chance to prove people otherwise. Its just a fight, either buy it or dont, it isnt going to change anything.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
I wont be buying it....... cause i can watch it for free, altho the fight wont do NEARLY as good it did the first time it will prob get decent numbers.

But i agree with them that DLH should be fighting Forrest at 154 not Forbes.

And imo they are not doing the sport of boxing any favours by doing this "mega" fight its for selfish reasons.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
I'll buy it, you guys are just mad that he isnt fighting cotto. The fact is, he will eventually fight cotto and many still believe oscar somehow won the first fight and Im glad floyd gets a chance to prove people otherwise. Its just a fight, either buy it or dont, it isnt going to change anything.
I agree, and I'd like to add something.

When Mayweather finally does sign the contract to fight Cotto, these guys are going to be sweating bullets. I strongly beleive that these Cotto nut-huggers are secretly hoping that Mayweather avoids Cotto. It's the only way they can keep trash talking PBF. I just finished watching Cotto-Mosely again, and wow. Cotto really is as taylor made for Mayweather as Mayweather Sr. said.

I wonder who will be "the one Mayweather has to fight" after Cotto...?

I personally beleive noone poses a threat to him in boxing any more. I just wish he'd take out a few more big names before really retiring. Especially Winky. I want to see Mayweather fight Winky real bad!

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
No need for me to get it. I'll just go to VD's house and watch it there. He don't care who's fighting. He gets all PPV's

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
I agree, and I'd like to add something.

When Mayweather finally does sign the contract to fight Cotto, these guys are going to be sweating bullets. I strongly beleive that these Cotto nut-huggers are secretly hoping that Mayweather avoids Cotto. It's the only way they can keep trash talking PBF. I just finished watching Cotto-Mosely again, and wow. Cotto really is as taylor made for Mayweather as Mayweather Sr. said.

I wonder who will be "the one Mayweather has to fight" after Cotto...?

I personally beleive noone poses a threat to him in boxing any more. I just wish he'd take out a few more big names before really retiring. Especially Winky. I want to see Mayweather fight Winky real bad!
The reason Mayweather needs to fight Cotto is sorta simple, that would consolidade his status as number one in the division by beating a prime-top-weltwerweight taht holds victories over all the other welterweights(if he ends up beating the winner of cintron-margy). Making him clean up the division for sure, wipe out.. That could have happened, sorta against Jab Judah, but Baldomir beat him first and took all the credit away, plus Cotto just did it too. This is a fight that is bound to happen, so for now we just wait.

As for DLH-PBF II, luckily HBO ppv doesnt exist here, so its aired for free on HBO Plus, actually any big-event fight is free here (just a note, HBO is anything but free, its in the most expensive cable plan so..)

This guys on Youtube are actually good guys, they have a good opinion sometimes (not about this boycott). I enjoy watching some of their predictions, if you look for some guys on youtube with the "show" boxing4real, then youre see gonna whats real ignorance on boxing.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
The reason Mayweather needs to fight Cotto is sorta simple, that would consolidade his status as number one in the division by beating a prime-top-weltwerweight taht holds victories over all the other welterweights(if he ends up beating the winner of cintron-margy). Making him clean up the division for sure, wipe out.. That could have happened, sorta against Jab Judah, but Baldomir beat him first and took all the credit away, plus Cotto just did it too. This is a fight that is bound to happen, so for now we just wait.

As for DLH-PBF II, luckily HBO ppv doesnt exist here, so its aired for free on HBO Plus, actually any big-event fight is free here (just a note, HBO is anything but free, its in the most expensive cable plan so..)

This guys on Youtube are actually good guys, they have a good opinion sometimes (not about this boycott). I enjoy watching some of their predictions, if you look for some guys on youtube with the "show" boxing4real, then youre see gonna whats real ignorance on boxing.
I completly agree. Mayweather is the recognized champion at the division, but if he didn't once again stamp it with an iron fist by beating the clear #2 I'd be somewhat dissapointed. Although the word "need" is a strong one. Mayweather doesn't need to fight Cotto, rather, Cotto needs to fight Mayweather. Mayweather is the man to beat at either 140, 147, or 154 if you ask me.

If I were doing the ratings, I'd put him as recognized champ at all three of them. Why? I don't know, why is Pacman the recognized champ at his division when he doesn't hold a world championship. Why is Hatton the recognized champ at his?

I don't think Mayweather needs to clean out the welterweight division because to me, he's not a welterweight. He's a multi-division boxing machine who is unbeatable by any other living boxer who is capable of making 154 and down.

Thos guys are Cotto nut-huggers, and typical Puerto Rican fans. I'm not racist as I'm Cuban-American which makes me a carib-hispanic, but when it comes to boxing, yeah, they are what the are. They hate De La Hoya because they know he gave Tito a boxing lesson so they bash on him. Why do you think the fatter one is rooting for Forbes? LOL That plus they hate Mayweather because they know he's better than Cotto. Before Mayweather fought Bruseles, and was at 135 they loved him. I know because I used to post at an all Puerto Rican web site. Now they just hate him because he's the only thing holding their new boxing idol back from being the best.

They hate PBF and ODLH basically because they are/were better than their countries two biggest active boxing icons. That's why they aren't buying the fight. Though I will.

Sorry for the long post...

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
I completly agree. Mayweather is the recognized champion at the division, but if he didn't once again stamp it with an iron fist by beating the clear #2 I'd be somewhat dissapointed. Although the word "need" is a strong one. Mayweather doesn't need to fight Cotto, rather, Cotto needs to fight Mayweather. Mayweather is the man to beat at either 140, 147, or 154 if you ask me.

If I were doing the ratings, I'd put him as recognized champ at all three of them. Why? I don't know, why is Pacman the recognized champ at his division when he doesn't hold a world championship. Why is Hatton the recognized champ at his?

I don't think Mayweather needs to clean out the welterweight division because to me, he's not a welterweight. He's a multi-division boxing machine who is unbeatable by any other living boxer who is capable of making 154 and down.
I wouldnt say he is the recognizd champ at 154, never, simply because DLH wasnt the recognized champ, and floyd didnt beat any other at 154.

And I think Mayweather needs to clean up the division to state his dominance at the division, his division - no doubt he can fight at 154 (even weighting 150)but he clearly wants no part of it.
Of course that when he beats Cotto(if) ppl will ask him for more, because thats what fans want from boxers that still are at the top of their game, but some fights are more important than others, and the Cotto fight is a big deal. You can't claim without a question just by watching and by the way hes been looking when fighting that hes the best man in the divison because theres someone out there fighting the best, at some point that there will be no one left in the division but PBF (once again, if cotto beats the winner of margy-cintron).

* - Simply because he beat the recognized champs at his division and hes has been fighting the best, the only threatning his position would be marquez, and pacman will fight that man. The other titleholders are just obscure, ever heard of Mzonke Fana? hes the 130 IBF beltholder, Edwin Valero isnt fighting the strongest, Joan guzman's biggest win was over a contender (Soto), after winning the belt s barrios.

·
tellin' it like it is
18,612 Posts
boycott dlh/pbf 2? go ahead and knock yourselves out!:laugh:

i don't think it mayweather needs to clean out 147, but i'd like for him to do it personally. unifying boxing' most competitive division would be a helluva way to cap a career;)

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Floyd has never wiped out a division in his career, its something he needs to do before retiring.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
I'll buy the fight. It's boxing. There won't be any other fight on that night due to the magnitude of this fight. They should have a decent undercard also.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Yep. I couldn't imagine not buying any of Floyd's fights. That's like choosing to not watch Jordan in the finals.

1 - 20 of 108 Posts