Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 196 Posts

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Richard Schaefer lets the cat out of the bag:-

Ricky Hatton's dream of meeting Floyd Mayweather for a second time moved a step closer on Thursday when it was revealed the American is considering a rematch at Wembley in spring next year.

Mayweather won the first contest with a 10th-round stoppage in Las Vegas last December but Hatton feels referee Joe Cortez contributed to the only defeat on his 44-fight record.

The Mancunian's next assignment is against Mexican Juan Lazcano on May 24 while Mayweather is scheduled to resume his rivalry with Oscar De La Hoya on September 20.

But Richard Schaefer, the chief executive of Golden Boy promotions, revealed on Thursday that discussions over luring Mayweather to London have already begun.

"It's very likely that Floyd will come over next spring. Floyd and his manager Al Hayman are very serious about it," said Schaefer.

"The first fight was great and while Floyd would have to get past Oscar first, he knows that Ricky has talked about the referee.

"He wants to show that he will repeat what happened the first time. That's his motivation.

"Floyd realises that Hatton is the most beloved fighter in the world and for him to come over to Wembley Stadium is making history.

"For Ricky it's about challenges and it's the same for Floyd. Fighting in front of 100,000 fans would be huge motivation for Floyd."

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
Don't go getting me all excited like that. If it does happen I don't see it being at Wembley. We can only pray Mayweather stays in boxing that long ;)

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

this is complete bs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have no problem with this fight. :laugh:

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Why would nobody beleive me when i called this months ago?

I dont see what was so hard to understand about how much green this fight in England would make.

I guess the groupies just refused to beleive there hero would do this.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
While I hope this doesn't happen I can't blame Floyd. If it were me I'd take even more money to go whip the same bum again. I'd just get it over in 3 and smash some of his country's females and be back on my jet by midnight. Also, the fight would be at like 6AM over there because you know damn well it won't be shown over here at 2PM due to them having it at normal time there. I hope it doesn't happen, and if it does it won't be in the UK.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
While I hope this doesn't happen I can't blame Floyd. If it were me I'd take even more money to go whip the same bum again. I'd just get it over in 3 and smash some of his country's females and be back on my jet by midnight. Also, the fight would be at like 6AM over there because you know damn well it won't be shown over here at 2PM due to them having it at normal time there. I hope it doesn't happen, and if it does it won't be in the UK.
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Predictable from Shane AKA Mrs Mayweather.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
You said you're all for the fight yourself. You can't have it both ways, and I don't blame him. If I had to chose to take a tough fight for less money than an easy fight for more money I'd go with the easy fight just like every member here who wants to be honest. Floyd TKO1.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Richard Schaefer lets the cat out of the bag:-

Ricky Hatton's dream of meeting Floyd Mayweather for a second time moved a step closer on Thursday when it was revealed the American is considering a rematch at Wembley in spring next year.

Mayweather won the first contest with a 10th-round stoppage in Las Vegas last December but Hatton feels referee Joe Cortez contributed to the only defeat on his 44-fight record.

The Mancunian's next assignment is against Mexican Juan Lazcano on May 24 while Mayweather is scheduled to resume his rivalry with Oscar De La Hoya on September 20.

But Richard Schaefer, the chief executive of Golden Boy promotions, revealed on Thursday that discussions over luring Mayweather to London have already begun.

"It's very likely that Floyd will come over next spring. Floyd and his manager Al Hayman are very serious about it," said Schaefer.

"The first fight was great and while Floyd would have to get past Oscar first, he knows that Ricky has talked about the referee.

"He wants to show that he will repeat what happened the first time. That's his motivation.

"Floyd realises that Hatton is the most beloved fighter in the world and for him to come over to Wembley Stadium is making history.

"For Ricky it's about challenges and it's the same for Floyd. Fighting in front of 100,000 fans would be huge motivation for Floyd."

This is all fine and well but When does the fight with Cotto come into place???

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Haha man I was messing with you. I hope it does happen and I think it will. Theres just a few more fights lined up for Floyd before that so I doubt it will happen as early as Spring 09.

Floyd dont want them fights though bud, he'd rather cheat his fans out of what they want to see to gain $$$$.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
At least you admit fighting a BUM is what he's doing by saying he is cheating his fans. If Hatton was so good his fans would be thrilled about this fight.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Floyd dont want them fights though bud, he'd rather cheat his fans out of what they want to see to gain $$$$.
Couldnt have said it better myself. :thumbsup:

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You said you're all for the fight yourself. You can't have it both ways, and I don't blame him. If I had to chose to take a tough fight for less money than an easy fight for more money I'd go with the easy fight just like every member here who wants to be honest. Floyd TKO1.

I am for the fight, AS A HATTON FAN, if i was a pbf fan though id be livid just like id have been livid if Hatton had turned round and rematched both Urango and Castillo.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
I don't care what order he goes in as long as he fights Cotto before Cotto loses. I'll be pissed if Cotto gets beat again before fighting Floyd. By again...Mosley.

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
At least you admit fighting a BUM is what he's doing by saying he is cheating his fans. If Hatton was so good his fans would be thrilled about this fight.
Your telling me you don't think the fans in the UK want to see him TRY and get some payback? I'm a PBF supporter and a big Hatton fan and I would love to see this fight happen again. I think it would be just as good as the first one. Maybe not quite as hyped up.

1 - 20 of 196 Posts