Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You know how ur supposed to exhale out of ur mouth when you punch. Well i do that while training but when im sparring its harder because the mouthpiece gets loose when i open my mouth to exhale. Should i just breathe out of my nose or do i need a tighter mouth piece?

·
Registered
841 Posts
Well you shouldn't be actually moving your jaw when you exhale, if your not I don't know why it would come loose, guess get a tighter mouth piece if your doing it right and it's still coming loose. Did you mold the mouth piece to your teeth???

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well you shouldn't be actually moving your jaw when you exhale, if your not I don't know why it would come loose, guess get a tighter mouth piece if your doing it right and it's still coming loose. Did you mold the mouth piece to your teeth???
ya i molded it twice actually. Im gonna get one of those custom made mouth pieces from my dentist soon so that will probably be a lot better.

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
Your not supposed to be breathing through your mouth unless you're tired. And if you are breathing through your mouth it should be you slightly opening your lips not your jaw. If you need to inhale more air get distance so you don't get hit while your jaw is open, that will fukk up your jaw for a while trust.

·
Registered
87 Posts
wear that sucker

Also...don't forget to wear it while doing floor work and such. I wear mine all the time while coach is working me out. Just gets you used to having it in. I'm old so I have to breath with my mouth open sometimes. :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
yea I agree with above. I wear mine all the time as well. When I'm hitting the pads, hitting the bag - all the time.
I also spent the money and got one specifically made for me...it does not even compare to the crappy ones you buy and have to mold yourself.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts