Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
This is the last I heard of him, a month in a half back.

Rising lightweight star Breidis Prescott signed with ARENA Box-Promotion and Decubas Presents, LLC. Brescott, ARENA-CEO Ahmet Öner and Ricardo Decubas just finalized the deal in Miami, Florida.

Prescott recently made a noise by knocking out promising prospect Amir Khan in one round in Manchester, UK.

“In fact we already had Prescott under contract when he signed to fight Khan”, stated Öner. “Although we hadn’t been contacted regarding that fight we sent him to England because we knew how strong he was. He did a great job and shocked the world. Of course, we are extremely happy that we can finally announce the deal.”

The 25-year-old Colombian won all of his 20 pro-fights including 18 stoppages. By stopping Khan Prescott won the WBO intercontinental championship and is currently ranked on #5 by the WBO and on #10 by WBA and WBC.

“This kid is a true jewel”, adds Öner. “He is one of the most powerful lightweights around and he definitely got championship potential. Also the lightweight division is extremely hot with superstars like Pacquiao, Juan Manuel Marquez or Nate Campbell. I am sure we will see lots of great fights of Breidis.” Source

·
Blood Clot Jungle Techno
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers for that man.

I was well impressed with him. I've seen him in his fight before the Kahn one and he can go the 12 rounds too. One i'm keeping my eye out for :thumbsup::)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts