Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 133 Posts

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Floyd Mayweater Jr. recently had a chat with 30 of his fans and after several bannings and utter chaos, he finally discussed his upcoming match with Big Show at Wrestlemania XXVI, his future plans, including the anticipated rematch with Oscar De La Hoya, and much more as he shares his thoughts on Miguel Cotto, Roy Jones Jr., Bernard Hopkins, Shane Mosley and Zab Judah.

QUESTION: Floyd, why don't you fight Cotto a fight the fans want instead of facing De La Hoya which isn't that appealing

MAYWEATHER: The Oscar De La Hoya fight is the biggest fight in boxing. Everybody knows that.

QUESTION: mayweather who is the second greatest boxer of all time after you (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) ?

MAYWEATHER: All that's objective. There have been a number of great fighters from different eras and I have a lot of respect for all of them.

QUESTION: WHY ARE YOU SCARED OF FIGHTING COTTO? I USED TO BE A FAN OF YOURS BUT YOU ARE WAY TOO COMMERCIAL NOW.

MAYWEATHER: Anybody with any common sense would know that I'm not afraid of anybody. I'm the creme de la creme. what I got to be afraid of?

QUESTION: Floyd, do you plan on fighting in 2009?

MAYWEATHER: I take it one fight at a time just like I take it one day at a time.

QUESTION: Floyd I'm your biggest fan and a good friend of your fathers. I pray you both please work things out with him for your kids, yours and his sake. God bless Daniel Telley

MAYWEATHER: Thanks for your support.

QUESTION: Floyd, why wait until now to express your concern about Roger training Forbes? Why not express your concern when the fight was first announced and everybody already knew that Roger would be in Steve's corner?

MAYWEATHER: Let me make one thing crystal clear. I made it known from the very begininng that I didn't approve with my uncle training Steve Forbes. It didn't have to be Forbes. It could have been anybody who was fighting De La Hoya before our mega fight. All this bullshit about me coming out with this just now, it's a bunch of bullshit. My uncle knew I wasn't feeling that from day one. Why would I want the best trainer in the world to help Forbes beat De La Hoya when we're going to break our own record this fall?

QUESTION: why exactly did you and 50 cent get into a fight?

MAYWEATHER: I wouldn't even answer a question so ridiculous.

QUESTION: FLOYD WHATSUP....any chance you fight in the MSG BEFORE YOU RETIRE..FOR US WHO CANT FLY TO VEGAS

MAYWEATHER: Who knows what I've got in store for y'all, but like I said, we take it one day at a time, one fight at a time. But if I ever fight at the Garden, it'll be because I chose to go to the Garden. But everyone knows what the boxing capital of the world is and that's the great city I live in, Las Vegas!

QUESTION: Why you so scared of fighting cotto?

MAYWEATHER: Next

QUESTION: Calzaghe Or Hopkins

MAYWEATHER: It should be a great fight. Both of those guys got a lot of experience. Hopkins has been in more bigger fights than Calzaghe, but Calzaghe is a very skilled fighter so it's going to be real interesting.

QUESTION: Mayweather, are u fighting De LA hOYA FOR SURE OR NO

MAYWEATHER: Oscar has to win his fight on May 3. If he wins his fight on May 3, we're fighting in a mega fight in the fall

QUESTION: Thanks Mr. Mayweather for taking the time to talk to us. How have you been training for Big show? Also how can i get tickets for you delahoya fight

MAYWEATHER: Yes, I have been training for Big Show. People are going to really be surprised at how I go about handling him come Sunday night. I appreciate all the support from my fans all across the world, please tune in. There is no rematch if he don't take care of his business on May 3, and that's not a given.

QUESTION: Who wins Zab-Mosley and would you fight the winner?Also, Floyd how have the wrestlers backstage treated you considering you are making a lot more than them?

MAYWEATHER: It should be a great fight with a great turn out. The fans will be very pleased with the electricity and fireworks for that fight. Some of them have been very supportive and some of them feel jealousy, but at the end of the day, it's business and because I put myself in this position with a lot of hard work and a great team, then how other people feel is out of my control

QUESTION: Which are some of the boxers that you like to watch fight?

MAYWEATHER: I enjoyed the Nate Campbell fight. There have been a lot of great fights lately. Boxing is on the rise again and all I'm trying to do is bring more eyeballs to the sport. Since I am the face of boxing, I got to do what I can to elevate the game.

QUESTION: Floyd, BoxingRights.com reported Cotto just got a tattoo that says "Mayweather is afraid of me" , your thoughts? and what do you think of boxrec.com having Bernard Hopkins as number one pound for pound

MAYWEATHER: A lot of people are entitled to their opinion, but there's only one best fighter in the world. Everybody knows who it is and it's not Bernard Hopkins. How can he be the best in the world when he just lost to Jermain Taylor? My record speaks for itself. All I'm going to do is continue to beat the best fightes out there.

QUESTION: Yes you are a great boxer and you skills unmatched but your money only attitude towards everything is really quite boring and pretty childish. You cant even get the fans to cheer you in wrestling. I think its time to reavaluate your persona and be more of a peoples champion and not some self centered ego maniac that is consumed with himself. Why do you and the other greedy ego maniac fight ever other year when im not wearing fishnets or buying magazines de la hoya expect us to shell out another 60 bucks to watch another version of dancing with the stars. Really the first fight was terrible and almost unwatchable. What is going to make this one better? Us fans deserve better.

MAYWEATHER: I can guarantee you this, if he gets by Forbes on May 3, the only thing going down with stars will be Oscar seeing them. I'm going to make him see them if he gets by Forbes.

QUESTION: Who has been showing you the ropes for WWE? Also, can I use the nickname Money?

MAYWEATHER: Just about all of the guys have been helpful with showing me a lot and giving me tips. I've been working with a couple of very good wrestlers to help me prepare for the big showdown this Sunday night in Orlando.

QUESTION: Floyd much respect.Who do you think will win between Cotto and gomez and what do you think about the ufc's aderson silva wanting to fight roy jones and do think it will ever happen.good luck at wrestlemaina

MAYWEATHER: Who cares about that fight? Roy would knock him silly if they fought in a boxing match.

QUESTION: Floyd, do you think you got beat in the sparring session with Paul Spadafora and does he impress you? Thanks for your time champ! and best of luck to you and your family!

MAYWEATHER: There's no such thing as getting beat in sparring because it is what is. When I boxed some years ago, I had been off and not doing anything for seven months. That was my first day in the gym and we boxed for six rounds. And if he got the best of me, so be it. what does it mean?

QUESTION: we all know that cotto has a glass chin,so once you're done with oscar pleeeeeeeeease show him like ricky hatton that he's an overhyped hbo poster boy myth

MAYWEATHER: Everyone knows that Cotto is a fan of mine and I'll just leave it all that.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
"QUESTION: Floyd, why don't you fight Cotto a fight the fans want instead of facing De La Hoya which isn't that appealing"

"MAYWEATHER: The Oscar De La Hoya fight is the biggest MONEY FIGHT right now for me in boxing. Everybody knows that."

^^^I think that's what he meant. just thought I'd fix it.:thumbsup:

·
Wet Beaver Bandit
5,334 Posts
Hmmmm, something tells me he is a little wary of Cotto given his responses when he was brought up. Also, he has poor English. Only in America can an uneducated person achieve that much wealth.

·
Banned
589 Posts
Hmmmm, something tells me he is a little wary of Cotto given his responses when he was brought up. Also, he has poor English. Only in America can an uneducated person achieve that much wealth.
Wary? Are You As Stoopid As That Comment Was, Or Are You Just Being The Best "May-Hater" U Can Be? Its Clear Why He Doesnt Talk About Fighting Cotto, If He Mentions He Wants To Fight Him, He Has To Cut Bob Arum In. It Also Allows Cotto And Arum To Hold All Cards. If One thing Matters Most To Floyd Now Its His Number 1 Status In Boxing, Which Give Him All The Leverage In The World.

Its The Land Of Dreams, But That's What Happens When You've Got Mouthes To Feed. Everything Else Is Put On The Back Burner, But They Way You Come Off ,You Probably Wouldnt Know About Tough Living.

·
Banned
589 Posts
QUESTION: WHY ARE YOU SCARED OF FIGHTING COTTO? I USED TO BE A FAN OF YOURS BUT YOU ARE WAY TOO COMMERCIAL NOW.

MAYWEATHER: Anybody with any common sense would know that I'm not afraid of anybody. I'm the creme de la creme. what I got to be afraid of?
Commercial? I Thought The Point Of Boxing Was To Be The Best You Can Be, And Get What You Can Get Out Of It Before Your Time Was Up.

QUESTION: why exactly did you and 50 cent get into a fight?

MAYWEATHER: I wouldn't even answer a question so ridiculous.
I Told You Dont Believe MTO.Com The Hype Anything

QUESTION: Why you so scared of fighting cotto?

MAYWEATHER: Next
Some Of These Fan Question Are Just, Ignorant.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Wary? Are You As Stoopid As That Comment Was, Or Are You Just Being The Best "May-Hater" U Can Be? Its Clear Why He Doesnt Talk About Fighting Cotto, If He Mentions He Wants To Fight Him, He Has To Cut Bob Arum In. It Also Allows Cotto And Arum To Hold All Cards. If One thing Matters Most To Floyd Now Its His Number 1 Status In Boxing, Which Give Him All The Leverage In The World.

Its The Land Of Dreams, But That's What Happens When You've Got Mouthes To Feed. Everything Else Is Put On The Back Burner, But They Way You Come Off ,You Probably Wouldnt Know About Tough Living.
Thats crap.

If that was the case then he'd have no problem fighting Cotto because of Arum, even with Arum as a co-promoter pbf will still be making in excess of 20m.

This is just an excuse by pbf to the fans to try and justify his rematch with Oscar and his probable rematch with Hatton.

Oh, and by the way, its funny you used the word may-hater to ICB because your defo in the top 3 nuthuggers on this forum.

Rearange these words to make a well known saying Black, kettle, and pot.

·
Banned
589 Posts
Thats crap.

If that was the case then he'd have no problem fighting Cotto because of Arum, even with Arum as a co-promoter pbf will still be making in excess of 20m.

This is just an excuse by pbf to the fans to try and justify his rematch with Oscar and his probable rematch with Hatton.
No One Is Justifying A Thing, He's Gonna Fight Who He Wants To Fight. If He's Getting A Rematch With The Biggest Cash Cow Then Its Clear, He's Put In Enuff Work To Deserve One. But Where Is Floyd Gonna Get This Excess Of 20 Mil? Arum Aidnt Wanna Pay Him 20 To Fight Oscar, Thats How He Got Cut Out The Deal. So Why Would He Pay Him 20+ Now While Both Have Lawsuits Pending?

He's The Big Dog In Boxing Now, He Doesnt Pick Fights With People, They Have To Earn There Right To Fight Him. Just Like Oscar Has Done For The Last 5-7 Years. The Minute He Says He Wants Cotto, Is The Minute He Loses Alot Of Leverage. He Goes After King "Glass Jaw" When He Feels As Tho Cotto Is Attractive As He Can Be.

I Just Wanna Kno Wat The "Fans" Say When He Beats Cotto. We Already Know Wat You Would, Margarito KO's Him In 1

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
No One Is Justifying A Thing, He's Gonna Fight Who He Wants To Fight. If He's Getting A Rematch With The Biggest Cash Cow Then Its Clear, He's Put In Enuff Work To Deserve One. But Where Is Floyd Gonna Get This Excess Of 20 Mil? Arum Aidnt Wanna Pay Him 20 To Fight Oscar, Thats How He Got Cut Out The Deal. So Why Would He Pay Him 20+ Now While Both Have Lawsuits Pending?

He's The Big Dog In Boxing Now, He Doesnt Pick Fights With People, They Have To Earn There Right To Fight Him. Just Like Oscar Has Done For The Last 5-7 Years. The Minute He Says He Wants Cotto, Is The Minute He Loses Alot Of Leverage. He Goes After King "Glass Jaw" When He Feels As Tho Cotto Is Attractive As He Can Be.

I Just Wanna Kno Wat The "Fans" Say When He Beats Cotto. We Already Know Wat You Would, Margarito KO's Him In 1
Its quite simple how he'd make 20m......Its the fight the fans want to see and the PPV would be huge (i bet pbf vs oscar 2 wont even do 1.2m buys) and the Cotto fight would sell out MSG with huge huge ticket prices.

It dont take a genious to work out how big a Cotto vs pbf fight be or how much it'd make.

·
Banned
589 Posts
Its quite simple how he'd make 20m......Its the fight the fans want to see and the PPV would be huge (i bet pbf vs oscar 2 wont even do 1.2m buys) and the Cotto fight would sell out MSG with huge huge ticket prices.

It dont take a genious to work out how big a Cotto vs pbf fight be or how much it'd make.
Like You Said The Fans, Its Not About Gettin The Fans Its About Attracting Casual Fans. Cotto's Fan Base Isnt High Outside Of Diehard Boxing Fans And His PR Following. But Thats Not Guaranteed Money, If Either Loses Before They Meet Each Other, Numbers Slip Tremendously. Not To Mention The Split In For PPV Sales And Gate Money. Floyd Wants And Deserves 20 Mil Upfront And His Share To PPV Gate Money. WWE Raised The Bar If He's Gettin 20 Mil For Very Small Risk, He's Gonna Want 20mil+ For A Risky Fight.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Like You Said The Fans, Its Not About Gettin The Fans Its About Attracting Casual Fans. Cotto's Fan Base Isnt High Outside Of Diehard Boxing Fans And His PR Following. But Thats Not Guaranteed Money, If Either Loses Before They Meet Each Other, Numbers Slip Tremendously. Not To Mention The Split In For PPV Sales And Gate Money. Floyd Wants And Deserves 20 Mil Upfront And His Share To PPV Gate Money. WWE Raised The Bar If He's Gettin 20 Mil For Very Small Risk, He's Gonna Want 20mil+ For A Risky Fight.
Yeah, and how many casual fans are going to tune in again after paying the last time for a boring fight? The numbers will be wayyyy down on the first one.

There is no way you can justify this fight, he should be fighting Cotto, he'd make just as much doing so seeing its the fight the fans want to see.

The casual fan would tune into a Cotto vs pbf fight, that fight would be a promoters dream and would be promoted through the roof.

·
Banned
589 Posts
Yeah, and how many casual fans are going to tune in again after paying the last time for a boring fight? The numbers will be wayyyy down on the first one.

There is no way you can justify this fight, he should be fighting Cotto, he'd make just as much doing so seeing its the fight the fans want to see.

The casual fan would tune into a Cotto vs pbf fight, that fight would be a promoters dream and would be promoted through the roof.
How Is It A Casual Fans Fight When The Two Fighters Are, Basically The Heel And The Nobody. Casual Fans Pay To See The Good Guy, Aint Nuttin Good About Floyd In The Eyes Of The Casual, He'd Basically Be Selling The Fight On His Own. To Strengthen My Point, Look At Cotto's Current Opponent. The Reason Why Causual Fans Wanna See The Rematch, Is Becuz Of People Like You Who Felt Asthough Oscar Won. There's A Hell Of Alot More Surrounding The Rematch Than A Cotto Fight. With Cotto Alls You Have Is the Possible Changing Of The Guards. With DLH You Have The Possibilty Of The Feel Good Story Of The Year, The Superstar Boxer Who Finally Got That Victory In A Big Fight. The Fall Of Of A Virtuoso, And Possibly The Humbling Of A Mayweather. From Experience, Casual Fans Enjoy Floyd More Becuz He's Easy To Route Against. I Watched The Cotto-Mosley Fight At A "Party Of Co-Workers" Maybe 65 People And The Consensus Was Cotto Is A Boring Fighter.

P.S. Of Course The Sales Are Going To Be Down, They Had The Highest Grossing Fight Of All Time. The Only Way They Would Do Better Numbers Is If, DLH Knocked Mayweather Out Late In There 1st Fight.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
How Is It A Casual Fans Fight When The Two Fighters Are, Basically The Heel And The Nobody. Casual Fans Pay To See The Good Guy, Aint Nuttin Good About Floyd In The Eyes Of The Casual, He'd Basically Be Selling The Fight On His Own. To Strengthen My Point, Look At Cotto's Current Opponent. The Reason Why Causual Fans Wanna See The Rematch, Is Becuz Of People Like You Who Felt Asthough Oscar Won. There's A Hell Of Alot More Surrounding The Rematch Than A Cotto Fight. With Cotto Alls You Have Is the Possible Changing Of The Guards. With DLH You Have The Possibilty Of The Feel Good Story Of The Year, The Superstar Boxer Who Finally Got That Victory In A Big Fight. The Fall Of Of A Virtuoso, And Possibly The Humbling Of A Mayweather. From Experience, Casual Fans Enjoy Floyd More Becuz He's Easy To Route Against. I Watched The Cotto-Mosley Fight At A "Party Of Co-Workers" Maybe 65 People And The Consensus Was Cotto Is A Boring Fighter.

P.S. Of Course The Sales Are Going To Be Down, They Had The Highest Grossing Fight Of All Time. The Only Way They Would Do Better Numbers Is If, DLH Knocked Mayweather Out Late In There 1st Fight.
People like me also thought Ike beat Oscar and Oscar beat Tito, where are those rematches.

Listen buddy, everything your saying about Oscar and the feel good story we've had before, with Cotto though we have the best fighting the best and i dont care what you say that has always sold in boxing...Leonard vs Hearns....Hearns vs Duran.....Tito vs Oscar.......Mosley vs oscar.

The best vs the best has always sold, we dont need to be seeing a rematch of one of the worst big fights in history.

Stop trying to justify it, he should be fighting Cotto.

·
Banned
589 Posts
People like me also thought Ike beat Oscar and Oscar beat Tito, where are those rematches.

Listen buddy, everything your saying about Oscar and the feel good story we've had before, with Cotto though we have the best fighting the best and i dont care what you say that has always sold in boxing...Leonard vs Hearns....Hearns vs Duran.....Tito vs Oscar.......Mosley vs oscar.

The best vs the best has always sold, we dont need to be seeing a rematch of one of the worst big fights in history.

Stop trying to justify it, he should be fighting Cotto.
Nothing Is Being Justified, But Ike Or Tito Werent The Best In The Game At The Time ,And The Rewards Werent As Sweet. We Havent Had the Best Fighting The Best Before? Wowzers. The Feel Good Story Is Bigger Becuz Oscar Is A Bigger Fan Fav Than Cotto Or Anyone Else You Would Want Floyd To Fight. The Fans Want To See Oscar Fight The Big Name Fighters, Just Like It Was Oscar Who Wanted This Fight.

P.S. The Best Vs. Best Has Always Sold Becuz Both Fighters Were Either Very Exciting Or Very Well Known. Cotto Is Neither, And You Cant Argue That.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Nothing Is Being Justified, But Ike Or Tito Werent The Best In The Game At The Time ,And The Rewards Werent As Sweet. We Havent Had the Best Fighting The Best Before? Wowzers. The Feel Good Story Is Bigger Becuz Oscar Is A Bigger Fan Fav Than Cotto Or Anyone Else You Would Want Floyd To Fight. The Fans Want To See Oscar Fight The Big Name Fighters, Just Like It Was Oscar Who Wanted This Fight.

P.S. The Best Vs. Best Has Always Sold Becuz Both Fighters Were Either Very Exciting Or Very Well Known. Cotto Is Neither, And You Cant Argue That.
Nothing is being justified? :rolleyes:

What is this from your last 3 or 4 posts then? That is exactly what your doing, Cotto aint well known? I beg to differ, Cotto is a very well known fighter. He's not exciting? i beg to differ, he's rarely in a bad fight, infact he's one of the most exciting fighters in the sport.

Pbf should not be fighting Oscar again, no matter how you try to justify this it should not be happening.

He has a fighter at his weight that will give him a huge $$$$ fight, plus a fight that is easily the biggest legacy fight out there.

He is cheating his fans plain and simple.

Just for the record, i think pbf beats Cotto, he should still fight him though.

·
Banned
589 Posts
Nothing is being justified? :rolleyes:

What is this from your last 3 or 4 posts then? That is exactly what your doing, Cotto aint well known? I beg to differ, Cotto is a very well known fighter. He's not exciting? i beg to differ, he's rarely in a bad fight, infact he's one of the most exciting fighters in the sport.

Pbf should not be fighting Oscar again, no matter how you try to justify this it should not be happening.

He has a fighter at his weight that will give him a huge $$$$ fight, plus a fight that is easily the biggest legacy fight out there.

He is cheating his fans plain and simple.

Just for the record, i think pbf beats Cotto, he should still fight him though.
Yo, I Just Gave You Personal Experience On Cotto, The General Idea Was He's Boring. He Doesnt Have A Crowd Pleasing Style, He's A Come Forward Fighter For The Most Part, But He Boxes. He's Not a Brawler, He Doesnt Go Wild, He Doesnt Play To The Crowd Very Well, He's Not A Very Good Speaker, And He's Comes Off As If He's Always Serious. He Paces Himself Through Fights And His Fav Punch Is A Left Hook To The Body, Most Fans Dont Appreciate Body Punching.

Tell Me This Though, If He's So Well Known Why Does He Always Fight In An Area With a High Population Of PR Fans? Why Were His PPv Numbers With A Supertar Like Mosley So Low? The Only Time He Sells Out Is Around The PR Festival.

1 - 20 of 133 Posts