Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I always noticed the simularities between these two fighters. They were both very fat, Butterbean of a bigger degree. Galento claimed that he trained on pizza and beer. They both had great chins, and could take tremendous amounts of abuse. They both had a great punch, Each of them achieving knocking down Heavyweight Champions.

In the early 1940s, "Two Ton" Tony Galento had a title fight with the legend of the 1940s, and the black Heavyweight prodigy of the 1930s and the 1940s, and he proceeded to knock Louis down in the early rounds. Louis then pummeled Galento brutally and made him a big peice of bloody meat by the middle of the 4th round, and then the referee stopped the fight. Galento coined himself a very famous catchphrase before his fight with Louis, saying that he would "moider the bum". After getting knocked out by Louis, in the locker room he had claimed to knock Louis down with a light punch.

In 2002, Butterbean went the distance with the still great but 52 years old former heavywieght champion of the world, Larry Holmes in what would be Holmes' last fight. Holmes proved that he was not too old to fight by out boxing Butterbean for most of the fight, but Butterbean's chin held strong and Butterbean managed to knock Holmes down in the 10th round right before the fight was over, and the fight was awarded to Larry Holmes. Butterbean was very tough, but not tougher than Galento, to take the punches of the former heavyweight champion of the world.

The fight goes for 15 rounds for the Heavyweight Championship of America. Who wins, Butterbean or the old timer Galento?

Here is how I score the fight.

Galento TKO12 Butterbean.

IMO, This fight would be one of the greatest slugfests ever held, both men just pounding on eachother relentlessly.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
The Holmes-Butterbean "Knock Down" was a BS call. It's been proven that the punch never landed and Larry slipped.

But anyway, Galento KO 7.

·
Banned
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Holmes-Butterbean "Knock Down" was a BS call. It's been proven that the punch never landed and Larry slipped.

But anyway, Galento KO 7.
LOL i never got a chance to watch the fight. Even if him being knocked down is a BS call, Holmes still won by UD lol. I think that Butterbean vs. Galento would be an awesome match, what do you guys think?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts