Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cazares will take this one this time because I think he didn't do things in the first fight that he will now. First and foremost, I think he learned from the first fight and even more from Margarito-Cotto that you have to go to the body and he still had Calderon hurt and tired in the mid to late rounds.

I had the first fight 114-113 for Calderon, but I don't see any adjustments that he could make to do better the second time around (except increasing stamina). All the predictions I've so far heard have been for Calderon, what do you guys think?

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
I think Calderon wins again. He is very very experienced and he has been fighting/outboxing tough fighters throughout his whole career. So pressure is something he is used to deal with.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Calderon is ancient for his division and I believe father time and his style will catch up with him. Cazares won't let him off the hook this time around.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Calderon will win a pretty wide UD this time around, 8-4 sounds about right to me :)

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I didn't have him winning, I do think he'll stop him this time though. Cazares is getting down to the weight better this time around, he'll have more energy to finish him off. His dumbass needs to go to the body early and often in this fight, he had Ivan moving less in the mid-late rounds based on pressure only.

Solid bodywork and the usual pressure early will make this fight easier in the mid-late rounds when Cazares hurts him, he'll be able to finish him off.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
I didn't have him winning, I do think he'll stop him this time though. Cazares is getting down to the weight better this time around, he'll have more energy to finish him off. His dumbass needs to go to the body early and often in this fight, he had Ivan moving less in the mid-late rounds based on pressure only.

Solid bodywork and the usual pressure early will make this fight easier in the mid-late rounds when Cazares hurts him, he'll be able to finish him off.
I'll bet you 100,000 on Calderon and give you 2:1 odds. Deal homie?

You win I give you 200,000. I win you give me 100,000.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I am puertorican, but IMO Cazares will win this fight, he won't commit the stupid mistake of getting pissed by the public saying ole ole again, he will be focused this time.

I hope am wrong

·
El Violento
8,076 Posts
I am puertorican, but IMO Cazares will win this fight, he won't commit the stupid mistake of getting pissed by the public saying ole ole again, he will be focused this time.

I hope am wrong
Your not. Cazares I have a feeling will stop him this time. He knows he can hurt him

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm really looking forward to this one.
Hey crawjo, I saw in a different thread that your daughter was going to go into major surgery and I'm speaking for all of us when I say we hope and pray she makes it through safe.
Calderon probabley won't underestimate him this time either. I got caldy.
He was rising in weight fighting The man at 108 for the Ring Magazine title and a major belt, yeah, he was underestimating him:rolleyes:. The bigger brawler beats the more skilled boxer.

G

·
Remember Cazares came in weighing about 15lbs heavier than Calderon. That was a big factor and there was a noticible difference. This time there's a clause in the contract limiting the weight.

PS. Crawjo, all the best with your daughter.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I thought Calderon was pretty comfortably ahead when the fight ended tonight. I don't think Cazares was going to be able to do enough in the last four rounds to make up the difference. On my card he would have needed every round or maybe three rounds plus a knockdown, and that just wasn't going to happen the way the fight was going.

Oh, and thanks again for the kind words, guys. I really do appreciate it.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts