Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
54 Posts
LeedsLad said:
I think your abit stupid, there is boxing outside of the US you know. Course US SHOULD be better boxers that UK, its like 70x bigger haha. And the Eubank pasted his prime is bull****. The only reason he didnt win another fight after that was because he stepped upto CW to fight guys way heavier than him. Id continue to say more names, but since you have no knowledge of boxing outside of the US i wont waste my time.

Yeh sometimes it sounds like the people from the states will not respect a fighter until he has fought an american, it's true there is world class boxing outside of the states, but i also do think that slappin joe calzaghe is much over rated, he's an unbeaten champ and that is amazing, he is a great boxer no doubt, but he has to fight some real big names if he wants to be remembered as a true great, cnt believe he fought manfredo...

i'm sure Mundine would have stepped in the ring with him.. and beat him, Hope Calzaghe n Kessler fight, then u will see how good calzaghe really is.

And by the way our boy from the land down under Anthony Mundine would give them both a great fight and he would also take any US middle weight out. i believe that 4 sure. saw taylor fight only for the second time the other day, i thought mundine was crazy saying he wanted to take on taylor and wright, but after seeing there last few fights, i have no doubt at all he would beat them.

· Registered
54 Posts
LeedsLad said:
Your right it does seem a fighter is not great until he fights in the states.

Interesting views on Mundine, not many people have mentioned him lately, i think he did better against Kessler than alot of people give him credit for. I think alot of guys round here are Mundine haters though, so get prepared:laugh:

I agree, he did good against kessler and u could see he was not letting his hands go like he can, if he gets another shot at kessler and he will cos he is holding the belt, he will win.

I know alot of people hate him and they have already let me know time and time again, but if people can look past his big mouth and just see him in the ring, a fighter who is ranked 3 in the world and he did not have an amatuer career so he did his learning fighting proffessionals.

go Mundine

hopefully after this fight against the argentinian guy, Nieves whatever his name is, he will make a defence against kessler

· Registered
54 Posts
LeedsLad said:
Your right it does seem a fighter is not great until he fights in the states.

Interesting views on Mundine, not many people have mentioned him lately, i think he did better against Kessler than alot of people give him credit for. I think alot of guys round here are Mundine haters though, so get prepared:laugh:

I think Calzaghe is the real deal, and im confident he would beat Taylor, Mundine, Hopkins(current Hop) and Kessler. I think hes fought some tough fights, but Bika and Manfredo were massive step downs after the Lacy win. To drop the IBF title just to fight Manfredo was pretty gay. He should have fought Kessler and unified the divison, and silence the doubters.

and agree with what u said about calzaghe in that he should have fought kessler after lacy.
I cant really say much about him he is undefeated but i think Kessler got the goods to beat him and think he will, and if joe would do it i would love to see him fight mundine, i think there would be a big upset, go Mundine

· Registered
54 Posts
LeedsLad said:
welcome to uk boxing from sports network

A poll of FW what fans want to see showed:

Calzaghe-Taylor 42%
Calzaghe-Hopkins 35%
Calzaghe-Kessler 23%

Does this surprise anyone else? I thought most people wanted Kessler-Calzaghe the most.

jahobe i think Mundine would have a good chance of beating Kessler in a rematch. I think Team Palle was discussing a rematch with Mundine if a deal for the fight with Joe cant be made.

very suprising, he has to fight kessler first, that is the only option then he can look to fighters in other divisions and i think a re match with kessler is a certainty just a matter of when, to be honest i would feel more confident if mundine fought joe rather then kessler even though i think he can beat kessler, i just think kessler is so much more dangerous than joe.

· Registered
54 Posts
LeedsLad said:
lol he was quite right. Palle has talked so much crap for the last couple of months since the Manfredo fight, now when Warren excepts his offer he goes all quiet on us. Palle has probably realised that after paying Calzaghe/Warren and all the other shit there probably wont even be enough profit in the fight when staged in Denmark. IMO it will end up here in Britian or wont happen.

palle was quiet because he was in hospital, u thnk he will turn down his own offer

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,3-2007250481,00.html

Hospital will do that to you,

Warren new about his health before agreeing to the contract, he is so sly and u say it will end up in britain or it wont happen, the only way this will happen is if Warren tries to weasel out of current arrangement so it is likely.

Here is what kessler thinks, he is expecting the fight in september, no matter were it is

http://www.itv-boxing.com/News/Story_Page/0,14442,6164_2165869,00.html

· Registered
54 Posts
LeedsLad said:
lol he was quite right. Palle has talked so much crap for the last couple of months since the Manfredo fight, now when Warren excepts his offer he goes all quiet on us. Palle has probably realised that after paying Calzaghe/Warren and all the other shit there probably wont even be enough profit in the fight when staged in Denmark. IMO it will end up here in Britian or wont happen.

palle was quiet because he was in hospital, u thnk he will turn down his own offer

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,3-2007250481,00.html

Hospital will do that to you,

Warren new about his health before agreeing to the contract, he is so sly and u say it will end up in britain or it wont happen, the only way this will happen is if Warren tries to weasel out of current arrangement so it is likely.

Here is what kessler thinks, he is expecting the fight in september, no matter were it is

http://www.itv-boxing.com/News/Story_Page/0,14442,6164_2165869,00.html

· Registered
54 Posts
LeedsLad said:
jahobe, your an idiot if you think Warren is more to blame than Palle. There both idiots, but Warren has made this fight happen by agreeing to go Denmark. In the past hes been an A-Hole, but this time hes come good.

And iv read that article already man, Kessler hyping himself up, its all bullshit. Iv said this from the first moment this fight was talked about, Kessler will get beaten by a wide UD or late TKO.

I dont think either would have a problem fighting in each other's home town. You are joking, a wide UD or late TKO. oh well cant really blame you Calzaghe is undefeated and i can see how you think that will be the result but you will be slapped back down to earth when he goe's down. It will be a good fight but Calzaghe can not dominate Kessler no matter how he fights.

Calzaghe cant slap his way through this one

· Registered
54 Posts
LeedsLad said:
Dont get me wrong man, i think Kessler is a good fighter. But for me, Calzaghe is the man. For me, Kessler doesnt really understand how good Calzaghe is. I think both are underrating each other, but for me Calzaghe will really shock Kessler with the speed, and Kessler will be surprised at how much the 'slaps' hurt.

haha, "suprised at how much the slaps hurt" that was a good call man.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.