Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 131 Posts

·
aka Dr. Real
8,103 Posts
I've been hard on him but I'm always hard on a boxer that is a potential legend but choses not to be one because of the lack of hunger. He's not a legend. He has no resume. And he's a bit overrated if you ask me. As the fight is getting closer and closer to Nov. more and more people are starting to favor RJ because of his quick hands and his power. And Cal's chin has yet to live up to his fan's hype job. I don't understand why he would want to retire with that terrible resume...he's definitely ducking Pav if you ask me. If he retires today...he'll disappear into history as a long reigning champion that fought no one and decided to step up his competition the last 5 years of his career...

·
Registered
339 Posts
I've been hard on him but I'm always hard on a boxer that is a potential legend but choses not to be one because of the lack of hunger. He's not a legend. He has no resume. And he's a bit overrated if you ask me. As the fight is getting closer and closer to Nov. more and more people are starting to favor RJ because of his quick hands and his power. And Cal's chin has yet to live up to his fan's hype job. I don't understand why he would want to retire with that terrible resume...he's definitely ducking Pav if you ask me. If he retires today...he'll disappear into history as a long reigning champion that fought no one and decided to step up his competition the last 5 years of his career...
Didn't know we were talking about Roy Jones ;) :laugh:

*holds out bait*

·
Spike Spiegel
7,078 Posts
Definitely with you on that one. Summed it up perfectly.

·
Registered
772 Posts
he's never been KO'd so i'd say his chin was just fine.:D

Definitely with you on that one. Summed it up perfectly.

beat your boy hopkins though, i think his resume looks just fine. :D

·
Registered
772 Posts
too many... but he won't retire once he beats RJJ and pavlik beats hopkins, he won't be able to turn a calzaghe vs. pavlik fight down... and i also think RJJ and Hopkins will have a final bout together as well.

trust me calzaghe is no duck... he went after hopkins and RJJ when he was at SMW but neither wanted anything to do with him.... calzaghe has got loads of talent, he hasn't got any power but he works more than enough to get him through 12 rounds with any top fighter these days.

it will happen.... joe calzaghe vs. pavlik will happen, theres too much money in it for it not to happen.

·
Registered
772 Posts
:laugh: Don't get ahead of yourself now :laugh:
matty your my boy, but you know Roy's legs won't hold up for more than 10 rounds he'll be gasping for air by the 5th. then the bout is calzaghes for the taking, if roy jones wants to win he'll have to get calzaghe out of there by the 4th or he'll be in for a long tiring night. :laugh:

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
matty your my boy, but you know Roy's legs won't hold up for more than 10 rounds he'll be gasping for air by the 5th. then the bout is calzaghes for the taking, if roy jones wants to win he'll have to get calzaghe out of there by the 4th or he'll be in for a long tiring night. :laugh:
Haha man we both saw Hopkins knock him down, just wait for Roy.

·
Iron Lungs
3,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
you obviously cared enough about him to make the thread. :laugh:
not really...its just that the last time I checked the name of the website was Boxingforum.com.....where people talk about boxing...no? I might not care but someone else might want to know...nice comment.

·
Registered
772 Posts
haha we'll see, it was a flash Knock Down clazaghe never looked like going down after that.

IMO hopkins beats RJJ now anyway.

but we'll have to wait and see........ i'm looking forward to the bout anyway.... whenever jones is on young or old, theres always a sparkle in his style even now....

i think calzaghe will win, but i'm not writting jones off, he might be old but he can still bang.... i just wish i could get out to the US to watch the fight... i've only watched one fight out in the US so i need to get some mmoney together to go more often

·
Registered
772 Posts
not really...its just that the last time I checked the name of the website was Boxingforum.com....where people talk about boxing...no? I might not care but someone else might want to know...nice comment.
thanks, btw your comeback was awful. :laugh:

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
haha we'll see, it was a flash Knock Down clazaghe never looked like going down after that.

IMO hopkins beats RJJ now anyway.

but we'll have to wait and see........ i'm looking forward to the bout anyway.... whenever jones is on young or old, theres always a sparkle in his style even now....

i think calzaghe will win, but i'm not writting jones off, he might be old but he can still bang.... i just wish i could get out to the US to watch the fight... i've only watched one fight out in the US so i need to get some mmoney together to go more often
You are officially insane. Well looks like I wont need to go through vBookie to place a beat on this fight :)

1 - 20 of 131 Posts