Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
81 - 97 of 97 Posts

· Banned
25,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
PrettyBoyFloyd said:
True but Lacy isn't as solid as Kessler. I just think the fight will be close but I know Joe will take it down.
so what if kessler goes out and loses every round, or even if he does worse than lacy. does that make kessler overated?

i can honestly see joe dominate kessler then you'll have some guys come out and say that kessler was also overated. its got to end somewhere, some guys just dont get the credit they truly deserve. i.e larry holmes.

· Premium Member
22,168 Posts
You get brownie points from bill for sure!

I say no way is Kessler overrated and if Clazaghe beats him decisively they will say who is Mikkel Kessler and go back to the ever-popular "who has calzaghe beat" line. I just want Joe to get more credit.

· Banned
25,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
PrettyBoyFloyd said:
You get brownie points from bill for sure!

I say no way is Kessler overrated and if Clazaghe beats him decisively they will say who is Mikkel Kessler and go back to the ever-popular "who has calzaghe beat" line. I just want Joe to get more credit.
thats the point im making, is lacy realy overated like a lot of guys say because joe hammered him?

· Banned
25,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
PrettyBoyFloyd said:
With Lacy it is a lot of both. He is overrated and Joe made him look like an amateur.
nobody was saying lacy was overated before the fight though, he was the best thing since sliced bread then.

· Banned
25,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
PrettyBoyFloyd said:
I have never been very high on Lacy.
nah, i dont mean you but the other boards im on i laugh like hell at some guys when they say how **** lacy is, these are the same guys who were posting how great he was and what he was going to do to calzaghe.

hypocrites, everyone of them!!!

· Banned
25,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 ·
PrettyBoyFloyd said:
I know the ones you speak of! I used to be on Saddo.
saddo, boxingscene and esb are the 3 biggest punk sites on the net. theres not an ounce of knowledge on any those boards. you usualy find the smaller boards are where the real fans will go instead of trying to debate with them punks.

· Registered
201 Posts
lol no i actually never even heard of the chump untill about a year before him and lacy fought. I was like dang lacy is big BUT calzaghe is fast, I didnt even care to see the fight. Later after it was over and heard the total domination from Calzaghe. i had to see for myself. I was like that was it? Yes he killed him but for all that he talks. Hes like a Roy Jones Jr. BUT with no kind of power to back it up. YES he has been unbeaten for like 9-10 years... yeaaah for him. Thats what happens when you fight nobodys! I gave him props for taking the fight with Lacy one true challenger. That was the first and last time. A TRUE champion that talks alllllllllllllllll day long like him does not FIGHT just in his back yard. DOES NOT fight mid level fighters, DOES NOT let there promoters call all the shots like FRANK WARREN has done. TURE CHAMPION will fight anyone, anywhere. I believe those were the lines from KESSLER. Anyway theres no hate, no one insulted me, I just cant stand a fighter (Calzaghe) talking and talking and saying in America this in America that. Im like then go to America and FIGHT SOME real fights for his first time and beat the REAL P4P fighters and I would have respect. BUT this is about Kessler. Yes Kessler has aloooong way to go before he is anything special. BUT i see power i see movement, he just needs speed. Like I said before I see Kessler knocking out Calzaghe in the middle to late rounds. I ALSO see Calzaghe breaking his hand(s). AND then saying once he looses wellll its my first lost i broke my hand... this an that... then i futher predict that his fragile hands will be the excuse to get out of a fight his mouth got him into... maybe not him personally bu good ol' frank warren would use that... anyway i have no hate just no respect for someone that calls out the likes of Hopkins, Taylor, etc and DOES NOT even come close to any of them by a long shot... A VERY LONG shot... that is all... so no hating on my part. I just dont see how anyone can actually like him.. MAYBE one day if he actually got power and beat real champions. but like i said no hate... just no respect for him or his team... Kessler all the way...

tommy and floyd you both have good points and arguments. I enjoy this site. It is one of thee best if not the best i have been on. Anyway much love and no disrespect...

o and i cant wait for tonight...

De La Hoya all the way.... lol

· Banned
25,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #92 ·
wes, your intilted to your opinion mate but i disagree 100% with what your saying.

in those 20 defences calzaghes beat 8 champions, just after hopkins had beaten trinidad where he was paid his career high purse of $4m he was offered a superfight with joe where warren offered to equal that $4m. hop was posted missing. not for the last time either. warren also just offered taylor $7m to fight calzaghe which was skillfuly ducked by JT, this would have been by far JT's biggest purse.

so who's realy ducking and dodging because i can asure everybody its not calzaghe and i can back my claims up with facts!

· Premium Member
22,168 Posts
You are right to an extent Tommy. Taylor has two fights basically signed up. It would be goofy to go ahead and commit to a third because the situations could change by the time his fight with Miranda/Pavlik goes down. Now, what you said about B-Hop is true except B-hop would...well you know what I think abotu Hopkins.

· Banned
25,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #94 ·
PrettyBoyFloyd said:
You are right to an extent Tommy. Taylor has two fights basically signed up. It would be goofy to go ahead and commit to a third because the situations could change by the time his fight with Miranda/Pavlik goes down. Now, what you said about B-Hop is true except B-hop would...well you know what I think abotu Hopkins.
taylor has no obligation to fight stinxs, he could have fought calzaghe instead then win or lose he'd still be middleweight champ and then he could defend against miranda/pavlik.

· Premium Member
22,168 Posts
Come on now. You know Calzaghe is a LITTLE too risky to take on before a mandatory. Especially when the odds are pointing to one Edison Miranda :)

Random question but just popped in my head. What do you think about Miranda/Calzaghe? It is bound to be a HIGH possibility in the next two years if Joe doesn't retire. That would be one hell of an interesting matchup.

Remember Miranda got KD by Allan Green

· Banned
25,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #96 ·
PrettyBoyFloyd said:
Come on now. You know Calzaghe is a LITTLE too risky to take on before a mandatory. Especially when the odds are pointing to one Edison Miranda :)

Random question but just popped in my head. What do you think about Miranda/Calzaghe? It is bound to be a HIGH possibility in the next two years if Joe doesn't retire. That would be one hell of an interesting matchup.

Remember Miranda got KD by Allan Green
miranda v calzaghe is a possibility because i see pantera beating JT, i would think pantera would want to fight AA first though because he felt he got robbed and i thought he did to.

81 - 97 of 97 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.