Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,108 Posts
I dont think Calzaghe will ever move down. I think he will retire within a year or two. Maybe 1 more big money fight.

I love Taylor but I think he needs a few easier fights in between some of these huge fights. There are not alot of options for him at the moment.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
25,672 Posts
i think taylors got a win and a loss against bhop, and i think winky beat him by 3. is taylor the new ruiz.:laugh:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,108 Posts
tommygunn said:
i think taylors got a win and a loss against bhop, and i think winky beat him by 3. is taylor the new ruiz.:laugh:

Winky by 3? Wow. I guees its not that of base but I am glad you didnt judge the fight. I thought the draw was fair.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
25,672 Posts
ERIK said:
Winky by 3? Wow. I guees its not that of base but I am glad you didnt judge the fight. I thought the draw was fair.
i think your the first guy ive spoke to who thinks that dude. most of taylors punches hit winkys gloves, i think every time taylor took the center of the ring he looked good but i dont think he did it enough. he looked to me to be happy sitting on the ropes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,108 Posts
tommygunn said:
i think your the first guy ive spoke to who thinks that dude. most of taylors punches hit winkys gloves, i think every time taylor took the center of the ring he looked good but i dont think he did it enough. he looked to me to be happy sitting on the ropes.

If you look at Winky's face after the fight some of those punches hit face.
Winky is not impossible to hit watch the Sam Soliman fight.

I agree it was a close fight but I dont think either guy won by 3 points.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
25,672 Posts
yeah i seen soliman fight but i think winkys moved up a gear since then. a fighters face doesn,t always tell the story of a fight, i will say though a lot of rounds in the fight were close. so i think we,ll have to agree to disagree on this one.:thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,108 Posts
tommygunn said:
yeah i seen soliman fight but i think winkys moved up a gear since then. a fighters face doesn,t always tell the story of a fight, i will say though a lot of rounds in the fight were close. so i think we,ll have to agree to disagree on this one.:thumbsup:

Thats why there are 3 judges. We would need another to decide this if we where juding.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
25,672 Posts
if a fights scored a draw i think the ref should have the last word. and he wants to go with the judges fine if he wants to pick a winner good on him. but in todays fights there should never be a draw, look at athletics and the 100 meters they can always break the times down to decide a winner. boxing should be no diffrent maybe a scoring system like in the amatures if the judges declare a draw.
 

·
Mental Midget
Joined
·
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Winky had control of the fight and would have gotten the decision if he would have ACTUALLY FOUGHT in the 12th round. I love wink,hes one of my favorite boxers, but he brought the draw on himself by not finishing his work in the 12th. It was pleased with the draw by the judges and I felt they were very competent in seeing it that way.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
25,672 Posts
winky to me looked like the middlkeweight that night not taylor, he should be doing more in his fights look at the two fights against hop and the winky fight does he realy deserve to keep his 0 after these fights.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,108 Posts
Captainobvious99 said:
Winky had control of the fight and would have gotten the decision if he would have ACTUALLY FOUGHT in the 12th round. I love wink,hes one of my favorite boxers, but he brought the draw on himself by not finishing his work in the 12th. It was pleased with the draw by the judges and I felt they were very competent in seeing it that way.
Good point.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,662 Posts
I don't. I honestly don't know why I don't like him, I just don't.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,348 Posts
Captainobvious99 said:
Winky had control of the fight and would have gotten the decision if he would have ACTUALLY FOUGHT in the 12th round. I love wink,hes one of my favorite boxers, but he brought the draw on himself by not finishing his work in the 12th. It was pleased with the draw by the judges and I felt they were very competent in seeing it that way.
Yeah what he said.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,348 Posts
after watching the way calzaghe destroid lacy a bigger puncher then taylor.
i really think that he (calzaghe) would KO taylor with no problem.

anothing at calzaghe's stage of the game i wouldn't want to see him start playing with his weight.

weight changes really hurt you.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
25,672 Posts
i think bika maybe joe`s last fight at 168, he,ll fight the winner of woods/johnson and maybe tarver or rjj if he can get a belt.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
149 Posts
I wouldn't want to move up a weight to go toe to toe with a champ (look at RHatton vs. whateverhisnamewas). I think Joe should still try to line 2-3 american fights before he retires undefeated-the last being JTaylor. I wouldn't know who would win.
 
1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Top