Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is worth a read......

Joe Calzaghe has vowed to turn the tables on Bernard Hopkins - and "execute" what remains of the American's career.

The 36-year-old Welshman tackles Hopkins on April 19 at the Planet Hollywood Ring in Las Vegas, and the winner will be declared the best light-heavyweight in the world.

And Calzaghe says it will be a night to savour for British fight fans fed up with motor-mouth Hopkins' disrespectful comments.

" I'm going to bring the final curtain down on Ol' Popkins," said Calzaghe.

" He likes to dress up in his Executioner mask, but it will be the last time anyone sees it on April 19 because I'll retire him once and for all.

" This will be the executioner's last song. I'm sure the Fat Lady will be singing when he makes his ring entrance on the night!

" I don't know if he's got any last requests as far as his career is concerned, but he better get them in quick because he'll be retiring after I've defeated him."

Calzaghe, the undisputed super-middleweight world champion, has been in Las Vegas for almost a week now as he fine tunes his preparations for the biggest fight of his career.

" There's a tremendous buzz out here at the moment," said Calzaghe.

"I've already seen a few British fans, and I know it is going to be a night to remember.

" I've waited a long time to make my US debut, and to do it on a massive card in Las Vegas is a dream come true.

" I know other British fighters have come over here and failed to produce the goods, but I won't be one of them. This is my moment and I'm relishing the fight with Hopkins

Full of confidence aint he ??? Wonder what he'll say after Bernard "Executes" him
:cheeky4::cheeky4:

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I'm already tired of both guys talking. There just repeating the same thing over and over. This fight can't come soon enough.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Joe sounds confident, he's looking awesome in training.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
he's supposed to be confident being he such a big favorite. it's up to hopkins to humble him by any means necessary.
Hopkins aint a good enough fighter to do that though Mark. ;)

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
I think they both suck at trash talking to be honest :S haha

Cant stand Hopkins and i hope Calz gets rid of that guy so we wont have to watch another clinching clinic by Popkins.

·
8,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think they both suck at trash talking to be honest :S haha

Cant stand Hopkins and i hope Calz gets rid of that guy so we wont have to watch another clinching clinic by Popkins.
I like both guys and all I hope to see is a great fight with the best man winning. Hope and pray that there is no "Vegas" jiggery pokery goes on to spoil that. I wish they'd chosen a competant unbiased referee though who knows which way he'll swing. Cant wait to see the judges they pick

·
tellin' it like it is
18,612 Posts

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Im going to convert you in the next 10 days to this fight Mark, i'll make you see sense buddy. :D

·
Registered
624 Posts
This is worth a read......

Joe Calzaghe has vowed to turn the tables on Bernard Hopkins - and "execute" what remains of the American's career.

The 36-year-old Welshman tackles Hopkins on April 19 at the Planet Hollywood Ring in Las Vegas, and the winner will be declared the best light-heavyweight in the world.

And Calzaghe says it will be a night to savour for British fight fans fed up with motor-mouth Hopkins' disrespectful comments.

" I'm going to bring the final curtain down on Ol' Popkins," said Calzaghe.

" He likes to dress up in his Executioner mask, but it will be the last time anyone sees it on April 19 because I'll retire him once and for all.

" This will be the executioner's last song. I'm sure the Fat Lady will be singing when he makes his ring entrance on the night!

" I don't know if he's got any last requests as far as his career is concerned, but he better get them in quick because he'll be retiring after I've defeated him."

Calzaghe, the undisputed super-middleweight world champion, has been in Las Vegas for almost a week now as he fine tunes his preparations for the biggest fight of his career.

" There's a tremendous buzz out here at the moment," said Calzaghe.

"I've already seen a few British fans, and I know it is going to be a night to remember.

" I've waited a long time to make my US debut, and to do it on a massive card in Las Vegas is a dream come true.

" I know other British fighters have come over here and failed to produce the goods, but I won't be one of them. This is my moment and I'm relishing the fight with Hopkins

Full of confidence aint he ??? Wonder what he'll say after Bernard "Executes" him
:cheeky4::cheeky4:

i wonder what you'll say when hopkins doesn't? :cheeky4::cheeky4:

·
Registered
624 Posts
ha ha! one more week until judgement day for calzaghe!
hahaha! one more week for hopkins to find that "fountain of youth" :cheeky4::D

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
All I hope is that people don't try and take credit away from the fighter that wins. If Hopkins clearly wins people will throw the "Calzaghe got robbed" and vise versa. That pisses me off. Well, unless it's a clear robbery like Casamayor-Santa Cruz or something.

·
Wet Beaver Bandit
5,334 Posts
Hopkins smells like urine soaked newspapers.

·
8,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i wonder what you'll say when hopkins doesn't? :cheeky4::cheeky4:

If Joe Calzaghe wins, which I seriously doubt, I'll be the first to congratulate him. I sincerely hope that if Bernard Hopkins wins that all Calzaghe fans will do the same. Heres to a good fight with no officiating jiggery pokery:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
If Joe Calzaghe wins, which I seriously doubt, I\'ll be the first to congratulate him. I sincerely hope that if Bernard Hopkins wins that all Calzaghe fans will do the same. Heres to a good fight with no officiating jiggery pokery:thumbsup:
I agree. Whoever wins would have deserve it

1 - 20 of 92 Posts