Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

Can Arreola beat either Klitschko?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
No way. He has, for the most part, been fighting no-names. The first fighter I recognize on his record is Travis Walker, and Walker knocked him down in the first. You think he can get past either Klit with that kind of carelessness? Then again, if Arreola waits a few years for those two to get old, he might stand a chance. I'd like to see him fight one of the Klits next. Throw out Rahman and insert Arreola. Rahman doesn't deserve the chance. Seriously, I see Rahman whining again about how he "can't see" and forcing another no decision.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No way. He has, for the most part, been fighting no-names. The first fighter I recognize on his record is Travis Walker, and Walker knocked him down in the first. You think he can get past either Klit with that kind of carelessness? Then again, if Arreola waits a few years for those two to get old, he might stand a chance. I'd like to see him fight one of the Klits next. Throw out Rahman and insert Arreola. Rahman doesn't deserve the chance.
Great post bro. I agree with all of this. David Haye clowns Arreola as well.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Hes a heavy puncher and ofc there is always a chance of him landing a huge right hand and knocking them out. But imo it wont happen, he has some time to improve and i would like to see Haye vs Arreola to find out whos the best rising star in the hw division. Imo Haye would win him but Arreola can punch.

G

·
Not yet. He would systematically get broken down by both Klits. While Arreola can hang with the big boys in terms of power and chin, his overall boxing skills and seeming inability to control his weight will keep him from being a big player in the Heavyweight division. If he can sand down those rough edges and maintain a fit weight, I think he's got a shot in the not so distant future.

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
Guess you can't put a **** no in the poll huh Shane? I have never really thought Arreola would live up to all this hype. The only reason he is even talked about is because he is one of the best heavyweights the US has but thats still not saying much.

His name does make me horney though.

·
Iron Lungs
3,315 Posts
The way Arreola prepares for his fights and always super heavy is one of his downfalls, I also noticed he's a sucker for a jab and both the Klitch brothers are pretty tall with long arms. He doesnt show the hunger that IMO a champ shouldhe needs to be more focused on what he needs to do and stop eating and binge drinking lol.

G

·
I'm a fan of Arreola but he's not got much of a chance with either IMO. Wlad would keep him off with the jab with mimimum risk and Vitali would dismantle him.

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
Both Klitschkos have far superior skills and both have at least as good punching power, probably better. Arreola gets KTFO inside of 6 by either guy. PROBABLY alot quicker, but we know how Wlad likes to take his time...

·
Banned
41 Posts
He'd actually just get molested!He should go for Valuev if he has title aspirations, but if its the quick buck and a reality check then The Brothers Grimm is the way to go and good luck to him.

·
The Professor
8,572 Posts
He KOs Wlad now in a fight where he's losing on all cards prior to the KO. With some more experience he /may/ be able to beat Vitali later, and by the time Vitali is 40 yrs old he'll definitely beat Vitali. I explained why he beats Wlad somewhere else...don't feel like fetching it. Arreola is the future. I would rather see him commit a 187 on Haye tho.

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
He KOs Wlad now in a fight where he's losing on all cards prior to the KO. With some more experience he /may/ be able to beat Vitali later, and by the time Vitali is 40 yrs old he'll definitely beat Vitali. I explained why he beats Wlad somewhere else...don't feel like fetching it. Arreola is the future. I would rather see him commit a 187 on Haye tho.
:facepalm:

again

=========================================================

He has no chance, his best shot would be waitn until they get really old.

I'd like him to take on Haye or Povetkin first to see if he can hang with them. Tony Thompsom also would be a good test.
But from what I've seen, he gets KO'd by either Klitchko.

·
The Professor
8,572 Posts

again

=========================================================

He has no chance, his best shot would be waitn until they get really old.

I'd like him to take on Haye or Povetkin first to see if he can hang with them. Tony Thompsom also would be a good test.
But from what I've seen, he gets KO'd by either Klitchko.
I offer the only opposing viewpoint in a thread of nothing but the same regurgitated opinions, don't facepalm me punk. :deadhorse:

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
I offer the only opposing viewpoint in a thread of nothing but the same regurgitated opinions, don't facepalm me punk. :deadhorse:
That doesnt make your pick any better.

Anyways, you're entitled to your own oppinion. but man...:facepalm:

·
The Professor
8,572 Posts
That doesnt make your pick any better.

Anyways, you're entitled to your own oppinion. but man...:facepalm:
It's not about being "better". There is no better, this is a debate. A very 1 sided debate. If you want to dismiss the only opposition entirely you might as well not even post in the thread since the entire purpose of it is defeated.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts