Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
He's 44 and no. There is no chance he would beat Wlad or Peter.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Hes got his shot at the WBO title, Ibragimov is a pretty decent fighter and should easily outwork Holyfield. Hopefully evander will friggin retire already lol.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Guys don't be surprised if Evander gets a decision over Sultan.
Holyfield constantly surprises especially when you think he's done (against Bowe and Tyson).
I'm tipping a big shock (like Foreman-Moorer) even though I think he should have retired years ago.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
There is an upcoming fight between Chagaev and someone else who I can't remember and both guys have a belt. So, the winner will hold two of the 4 belts. Evander has stated that he wants the winner of that fight to begin his goal of unifying the title. Whether he will get it done or not is doubtful, but I will be watching him try.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
PrettyBoyFloyd said:
There is an upcoming fight between Chagaev and someone else who I can't remember and both guys have a belt. So, the winner will hold two of the 4 belts. Evander has stated that he wants the winner of that fight to begin his goal of unifying the title. Whether he will get it done or not is doubtful, but I will be watching him try.
it was suposed to be chagaev vs ibragimov shane, but chagaev has pulled out because of injury, thats how evander is getting a shot at ibragimovs belt.

·
Registered
6 Posts
He wasn't good enough to unify belts at his peak let alone now. It says a great deal about the state of heavyweight boxing that its even up for discussion.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
romone said:
He wasn't good enough to unify belts at his peak let alone now. It says a great deal about the state of heavyweight boxing that its even up for discussion.
evander was great in his day, he fought through the era's of tyson, bowe, and lewis, these 3 were very dominante guys while peaked and evander more than held his own against them, not so much lewis though.

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
I hear Oscar De La Hoya will be at the fight as Goldenboy represents ibragimov. Nothing against Evander but I hope he loses just to end this dream which could turn fatal for him if he keeps fighting.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I'd like to see this play out a little longer. Holyfield wins 3 of the belts to set up a fight with Vlad. At least you generally get your moneys worth for a Real Deal fight. Can Ibragimov move? Evanders best shot is a guy that will stand in front of him. He will eat too many shots chasing someone around the ring.

·
The Maul Brawling Slugger
1,000 Posts
thepowerdavies said:
I hear Oscar De La Hoya will be at the fight as Goldenboy represents ibragimov. Nothing against Evander but I hope he loses just to end this dream which could turn fatal for him if he keeps fighting.
I just want to ask you about your avatar... has that picture of Osacar De La Hoya been slightly modified to make him look much more ripped and muscular? I swear I've seen that exact picture somewhere else in which he has more of a "Lighter Weight Boxer's Build!"

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
I think Holyfield can win Ibragimov o whatever and i think he can also win against Peter or Maskaev. but against Chagaev and Wlad he would be in trouble.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Brutus said:
I think Holyfield can win Ibragimov o whatever and i think he can also win against Peter or Maskaev. but against Chagaev and Wlad he would be in trouble.
sultans really impressed me so far in his career, he had a real bad night gainst ray austin when they drew though but apart from that he's looked the part. no way in hell does evander win this fight, sultan is just to damn busy for him.

i think evander gets stopped here, he could even get hurt, this is a fight his people should have made sure he was nowhere near.

sultan beats every HW except wlad IMO.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
tommygunn said:
sultans really impressed me so far in his career, he had a real bad night gainst ray austin when they drew though but apart from that he's looked the part. no way in hell does evander win this fight, sultan is just to damn busy for him.

i think evander gets stopped here, he could even get hurt, this is a fight his people should have made sure he was nowhere near.

sultan beats every HW except wlad IMO.
I thought the only chance Holyfield had of winning a title was against Maskaev, because Ibragimov and Chagaev have both looked too much for him at this stage. Im hoping Peter wins the WBC strap and has a rematch with Wlad, i dont think its too unrealistic that Peter would win that fight.

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
Larry Holmes said:
I just want to ask you about your avatar... has that picture of Osacar De La Hoya been slightly modified to make him look much more ripped and muscular? I swear I've seen that exact picture somewhere else in which he has more of a "Lighter Weight Boxer's Build!"
That picture is from the weighin day before the Floyd fight. Iam an Oscar fanatic but i am not quite a sad enough man to modify a picture of him to make him look more ripped and muscular.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Larry Holmes said:
i think the picture you maybe thinking of is the one at one of the pressers, floyd took his top off then oscar unbuttoned his shirt, oscar had another month or so training before the weighin to get in that shape.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts