Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In a recent interview with Setanta Sports, unbeaten Carl Froch (22-0, 18KOs) made it clear that he is looking for big things in the future. He takes on Ruben Williams this Saturday at the Nottingham Arena. Froch is the mandatory challenger to Joe Calzaghe's WBC super middleweight title. Calzaghe will more than likely vacate the title if he's forced to fight Froch. Promoter Frank Warren has said that Calzaghe's next opponent will be someone based in America, with Roy Jones Jr. near the top of that list.

Mikkel Kessler is in position to fight Dimitri Sartison on June 21, with a strong possibility of the WBA super middleweight title being on the line. Anthony Mundine was ordered by the WBA to fight Kessler and the instead he is moving forward with a trilogy bout with Sam Soliman. The sanctioning body has not made an official ruling on the matter.

Froch hopes that Calzgahe will step up to fight him, but if he doesn't - then he would like to unify with Kessler and says that unlike Calzaghe, he will press the fight hard and knock Kessler out.

"Kessler would be a great fight for me, but I think I'd stop him. [Calzaghe] did a good job against Kessler, though I thought Kessler struggled near the end. I don't know if he struggles at the weight because he is big for it," Froch said. "He showed how you can beat Calzaghe, he really did. Though Calzaghe did well to beat the young, fresh guy in front of him. I think I'd get him out of there once I start connecting in the later rounds.

"He faded quite badly against Calzaghe in the later rounds and Calzaghe doesn't even punch, not now. Whatever the reason, maybe he's got bad hands I don't know, but I don't think Kessler goes the distance with the Cobra."

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This man continues to chase and chase - Id love to see Kessler put him flat out on his back!!!

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
In a recent interview with Setanta Sports, unbeaten Carl Froch (22-0, 18KOs) made it clear that he is looking for big things in the future. He takes on Ruben Williams this Saturday at the Nottingham Arena. Froch is the mandatory challenger to Joe Calzaghe's WBC super middleweight title. Calzaghe will more than likely vacate the title if he's forced to fight Froch. Promoter Frank Warren has said that Calzaghe's next opponent will be someone based in America, with Roy Jones Jr. near the top of that list.

Mikkel Kessler is in position to fight Dimitri Sartison on June 21, with a strong possibility of the WBA super middleweight title being on the line. Anthony Mundine was ordered by the WBA to fight Kessler and the instead he is moving forward with a trilogy bout with Sam Soliman. The sanctioning body has not made an official ruling on the matter.

Froch hopes that Calzgahe will step up to fight him, but if he doesn't - then he would like to unify with Kessler and says that unlike Calzaghe, he will press the fight hard and knock Kessler out.

"Kessler would be a great fight for me, but I think I'd stop him. [Calzaghe] did a good job against Kessler, though I thought Kessler struggled near the end. I don't know if he struggles at the weight because he is big for it," Froch said. "He showed how you can beat Calzaghe, he really did. Though Calzaghe did well to beat the young, fresh guy in front of him. I think I'd get him out of there once I start connecting in the later rounds.

"He faded quite badly against Calzaghe in the later rounds and Calzaghe doesn't even punch, not now. Whatever the reason, maybe he's got bad hands I don't know, but I don't think Kessler goes the distance with the Cobra."
I hope Calzaghe fights Froch he needs to to cement his legacy. If he follows the road others took and fights just for the $$$$$$$$ then his legacy will be tarnished like theirs have been

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Froch and Witter are both jokes, **** Hennessys got a real couple of wannabes there.

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Witter has also chipped in saying "Hes going to outshine Calzaghe"

Nothing to do with the fact he's fighting Timothy Bradley not Bernard Hopkins.

I understand boxers talk to get themselves in the papers, websites, forums but I think the UK's possibly greatest ever boxer deserves more respect.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Witter has also chipped in saying "Hes going to outshine Calzaghe"

Nothing to do with the fact he's fighting Timothy Bradley not Bernard Hopkins.

I understand boxers talk to get themselves in the papers, websites, forums but I think the UK's possibly greatest ever boxer deserves more respect.
Witter respects nobody, we've seen this from him for years with Hatton a fighter who he's quite frankly not on the same level as and now he's doing it to arguably the best fighter in the world. LOL!

Dudes a clown.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
I think Kessler stops Froch. And stops him pretty easy. It's not that I think Froch is a bad fighter. Cuz he's not. He has talent. But I think Kessler is just on another level than him

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Kessler stops Froch with ease. Froch has a good chin but by the later rounds he'll be out of there. Froch is an average fighter and Kessler would expose him badly.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
most fighters talk crap...it's what they do. froch and witter are only using their mouths to draw in some big paydays against the top fighters.
These guys need to back there claims up though, one got a shot at the big time and failed and the other couldn't spell big time.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
I disagree on Witter but i agree the biggest Froch has seen is FFN against a shot Reid.

BTW Tommy, Abraham-Ayala is being reshown on Eurosport right now.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
I disagree on Witter but i agree the biggest Froch has seen is FFN against a shot Reid.

BTW Tommy, Abraham-Ayala is being reshown on Eurosport right now.
Witter was never in trouble vs Zab but he got outclassed, i actualy didn't think it was as one sided untill i watched it again recently.

I'll watch that one again tonight, im a big fan of AA.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Witter took the fight on short notice and was still relatively green at the time, i thought he did well considering.

Im not a huge fan, but AA is always good to watch. It said 8 but doesn't look like its starting yet.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Witter took the fight on short notice and was still relatively green at the time, i thought he did well considering.

Im not a huge fan, but AA is always good to watch. It said 8 but doesn't look like its starting yet.
Yeah it was short notice i'll give him that, but any version of Zab beats any version of Witter clearly.

Dumbass Eurogoals is still on, Euorosport is bad for running programes over there scheduled time.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Yeah man, some crappy show about Raul and Real Madrid:laugh: I was checking out channels earlier and found The Fight Network, it said it was English Boxing but it was Odlanier Solis against that big 7" dude. I didn't know they had much boxing on there, its on again at 9 it might show Solis again.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
At this time i dont give a damn who Kessler is fighting aslong as hes fighting somebody. I wouldnt mind seeing Kessler fighting Froch or Bute after he fights this guy hes toppost to fight this summer.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Froch is very exciting and has dynamite in his right hand AND i do feel sorry for him missing out on Inkin.

However i do not like his cocky attitude and anyone that throws a crisp right hand will land flush on Froch all night long. As Froch is a come foward fighter Calzaghe would eat him up (Joe beats anyone that attacks him) i also think Kessler would beat him and Bute could out box him.

Apart from that he adds depth to what i believe the deepest division in boxing seen as Mayweather is making a farce of 147lbs.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Froch is very exciting and has dynamite in his right hand AND i do feel sorry for him missing out on Inkin.

However i do not like his cocky attitude and anyone that throws a crisp right hand will land flush on Froch all night long. As Froch is a come foward fighter Calzaghe would eat him up (Joe beats anyone that attacks him) i also think Kessler would beat him and Bute could out box him.

Apart from that he adds depth to what i believe the deepest division in boxing seen as Mayweather is making a farce of 147lbs.
Very good post, and your right Kessler would land that right hand and theres not alot of people that cane take a right hand from Kessler.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Very good post, and your right Kessler would land that right hand and theres not alot of people that cane take a right hand from Kessler.

When you look at 168lbs:

Kessler
Bute
Froch
Inkin
Miranda
Taylor
Calzaghe (maybe)
Pavlik (soon)

I think it is the best division i just hope they dont do what the 168lb division did in the 90s and avoid each other.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
I hope Calzaghe fights Froch he needs to to cement his legacy. If he follows the road others took and fights just for the $$$$$$$$ then his legacy will be tarnished like theirs have been
I disagree with all of this. Calzaghe has already done a lot. He doesn't need to fight Froch. Froch isn't on his level. Calzaghe is at the end of his career. He will only fight big fights from now on, rightfully so!
At this time i dont give a damn who Kessler is fighting aslong as hes fighting somebody. I wouldnt mind seeing Kessler fighting Froch or Bute after he fights this guy hes toppost to fight this summer.
I agree.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts