Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

Carl Froch vs. Mikkel Kessler ON?

2K views 37 replies 14 participants last post by  ulster86 
G
#1 ·
According to Bjarne Nielsen, who often breaks exclusive Team Palle news in Ekstrabladet, a Danish tabloid, has reported that talks are taking place for a February 28 unification showdown between WBC super middleweight champ Carl Froch and WBA champ Mikkel Kessler.

The report notes that Mogens Palle, Kessler's promoter, was approached by Mick Hennessy, who promotes Froch - and the two sides have been talking the fight over. Froch won the vacant title on December 6 from Jean Pascal. The mandatory to his belt is Jermain Taylor. Kessler, a two-time champion and regarded as the best at the weight, has one loss on his record via decision to Joe Calzaghe.
-boxingscene.com

This is a fight I would very much like to see. Kessler is going to be hitting Froch with some brutal punches. Froch's sturdy chin is going to get tested. I like Kessler in this one.

G
#32 ·
I think Taylor should go for Bute for two reasons. The first is that a Bute victory would do more for Taylor's status and secondly, Andrade is from the Margarito school of boxing where he is constantly coming forward, throwing power shots and using his top notch chin to absorb anything you try and throw back. Taylor looks a lot better against slicker fighters than he does against power guys.

#30 ·
so enormous taht he couldnt seriously hurt Pascal. I mean Omar Pittman had Pascal in worse shape than Froch had.

I know they fought a good fight but if Froch had more power he would've knocked Pascal. And there were many moments he caught Pascal flush.

Froch is not a bad fighter but Kessler will beat him up;

#34 ·
Damn this is the fight i wanted for Kessler before he faces Taylor! I gave Froch a punchers chance but after the Pascal fight im not that sure. Kessler will land his jab at will and the right hand that follows the jab will break down Froch and stop him. Kessler has devistating power and a underated chin (cmon he got hurt by a body shot and was never in any trouble of being stopped, dont remember ever seeing Kessler ever seriosuly hurt). Imo Kessler is better in every department. I will be srsly pissed off and devistated if Froch somehow won this fight.

G
#38 ·
Yeah, Kessler has never been down amateur or pro as far as I know. Froch showed a good chin against Pascal but Kessler is no Pascal, Froch is getting knocked out IMO. His defense is so bad it's not even funny. He said Pascal shook him to his boots a few times so imagine what Kessler is gonna do to him.

#35 ·
kessler in a white wash froch is a crap paper champion kessler is the real deal at 168 want to see a round robin between kessler taylor wright now joe has gone 168 looks interessting i hope kessler shuts up froch he thinks he is roy jones if froch was around 15-17 years ago benn eubank collins watson all beat him easy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.