Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good power but how is this guy ranked number 1 by the WBC he has fought the worst opposition i have ever seen for a guy in that position.

He is exciting but man would a solid boxer with a right hand expose him. He must have the best team behind him in the world he hasnt fought anyone ranked top 10 by and of the alphabets.

Maybe he could give Zelenoff a few hints, o Froch beats bums Zelenoff does not, scratch that.

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
He's good, but he needs to step up in quality of opposition. His hands need to be higher as well. Should become a world champion as well. Also remember he was going to KO Inkin who is top 10 until Inkin bottled it ;)

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He's good, but he needs to step up in quality of opposition. His hands need to be higher as well. Should become a world champion as well. Also remember he was going to KO Inkin who is top 10 until Inkin bottled it ;)

Cant blame Froch for Inkin and i hope he does well but at 31yo its bum after bum i just think that will not help him against a Kessler or Bute. Zuniga, Miranda, Bika would all be a step in the right direction imo guys with big hearts and come to win not just get paid.

He needs rounds in the bank and he wont get that unless he steps it up.

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
Cant blame Froch for Inkin and i hope he does well but at 31yo its bum after bum i just think that will not help him against a Kessler or Bute. Zuniga, Miranda, Bika would all be a step in the right direction imo guys with big hearts and come to win not just get paid.

He needs rounds in the bank and he wont get that unless he steps it up.
The age might become a problem :(

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The age might become a problem :(

He is a reflex fighter aka Cobra like the 168 Hamed as people keep saying and we know that will start to go but he hasnt been banged up so maybe he could hold out.

He might be the real deal but he keeps fighting total bums in his home town its no way to tune up for a world title fight even a vacant one. He will still face a top guy for that belt, because come September everyone at 168lbs will want the WBC belt escp Mikkel Kessler who would spell doom for Carl unless he is tested in a tough way.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Hes a very poor man's Hamed. His reflexes are nothing special yet he fights with his hands down. He has good power but generally he sucks, it won't be long until he gets exposed IMO.

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
I think whenever he fights a guy like Kessler or Bute he will lose.. He might struggle with tough guys like Andrade or Miranda too.. Maybe he can beat Mundine, who looked like crap last fight, but I dont know I dont like Froch at all, even against Dennis Inkin I have some doubts he would win.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I dont like Froch :S Hes never gonna be anything special

I think if he was that good he would not still be fighting bums and take on a real fighter so i agree, he keeps talking Calzaghe or Kessler but both would end in a brutal beatdown.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
I dont like Froch :S Hes never gonna be anything special
Exactly. Hes way too open, the best will tee off on him all night.

I think if he was that good he would not still be fighting bums and take on a real fighter so i agree, he keeps talking Calzaghe or Kessler but both would end in a brutal beatdown.
Yeah, Calzaghe would be a Lacy like exhibition.. whereas Kessler would just brutally knock him out inside 6 rounds.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Exactly. Hes way too open, the best will tee off on him all night.

Yeah, Calzaghe would be a Lacy like exhibition.. whereas Kessler would just brutally knock him out inside 6 rounds.

If you go on his website they would ruin you for even claiming Calzaghe is in Frochs league they are quite mad. I said Froch has been fighting bums then the Administrator said no B.S: "Its Calzaghe thats been fighting bums not Carl"

Really funny they cain Calzaghe and Froch aint even won a European title, infact Calzaghe has won more world title fights 24 than Froch has had fights 23.

Some fans do bring shame to boxing.

·
Registered
119 Posts
It's Junior Witter syndrome. He keeps claiming Calzaghe ducks him when he hasn't done anything to deserve a shot except be born in the UK. I think he has good power but hasn't been tested. Against anyone at Super-Middle who isn't Kessler, Calzaghe, Taylor, and maybe Bute and Miranda, he wins. I would love to see him vs Miranda, that would be a fun match up. He'll almost certainly win a belt because he'll fight for a vacant one and it'll probably be against someone fairly poor like Brahmer or Zuniga.

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
reminds me of maccaranelli. powerful vs some crap opposition. agaisnt a classy guy he won't be able to hit people i feel. up agaisnt another banger i doubt he will win either. too slow

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
reminds me of maccaranelli. powerful vs some crap opposition. agaisnt a classy guy he won't be able to hit people i feel. up agaisnt another banger i doubt he will win either. too slow

I think Enzo is better much better.

Maccarinelli just froze he was so scared of Hayes right hand i see Maccarinelli beating the likes of Cunningham and Mormeck tbh.

As for Froch he aint even faced a Mundine, Andrade, Zuniga or Bika and he talks about doing a better job on Kessler and knocking Calzaghe out. I will regard him as a joke until he fights even a fringe contender he is wasting prime time ITV boxing time with a can followed by a bum then he will raise his level again and fight a can.

·
Banned
145 Posts
Froch is a typical puncher, he relies on his power and one day it will cost him, Once he faces a skilled boxer with a solid chin he will lose.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
I think hes actually better than Maccarinelli. Enzo isn't that good at all, he got gifted a title and has never beaten anybody. He got knocked out against the first top fighter he faced.

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
I think Froch is very good, but too limited, and it's too late to work on lots of the things he's crap at :(

1 - 20 of 21 Posts