Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are your thoughts on this fight please ? For boxing fans in Belgium this is a rare opportunity to see a fighter like Baldomir at work in a title eliminator, however i have some concerns. I was dissapointed bij Raul Marquez and his performance against Arthur Abraham, hoping he would come to fight he just made the trip for a paycheck period. With the age of Baldomir in mind i fear a simular situation, i hope i am wrong because i have a lot of respect for both fighters and i would hate to see a fixed fight, and the ringside tickets have cost me a lot of money :eek:

Normally i would say Baldomir with his experience should win the fight even with his age disadvantage, what do the boxingexperts here think, thank you for your thoughts.

Excuse me for my bad English.

·
The Professor
8,572 Posts
What are your thoughts on this fight please ? For boxing fans in Belgium this is a rare opportunity to see a fighter like Baldomir at work in a title eliminator, however i have some concerns. I was dissapointed bij Raul Marquez and his performance against Arthur Abraham, hoping he would come to fight he just made the trip for a paycheck period. With the age of Baldomir in mind i fear a simular situation, i hope i am wrong because i have a lot of respect for both fighters and i would hate to see a fixed fight, and the ringside tickets have cost me a lot of money :eek:

Normally i would say Baldomir with his experience should win the fight even with his age disadvantage, what do the boxingexperts here think, thank you for your thoughts.

Your english is better than several users here...no worries there.

As for the fight, I have no idea who wins. Your guy Bonsu has never fought on the main stage of boxing so I've never seen him. If he's a good technical boxer with speed and a solid jaw he should win the fight.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bonsu is a puncher with limited technical skills and a suspect chin ,he has had several knockdowns due to lack of proper defensive skills and has never fought a big name, but has a great heart and karakter. His only advantage in respect to Baldolmir is his age and he has a puncher's chance. I would be surprised however if he would retire a great fighter like Baldomir but it is possible, Baldomir is 37 years old...

Thank you for your view, this will be the first time i will get the chance to watch a fighter i have been reading about for years, it's like a piece of Las Vegas is visiting Antwerp, great for boxing fans in Belgium who do not have an opportunity to travel to the US.

·
The Professor
8,572 Posts
Bonsu is a puncher with limited technical skills and a suspect chin ,he has had several knockdowns due to lack of proper defensive skills and has never fought a big name, but has a great heart and karakter. His only advantage in respect to Baldolmir is his age and he has a puncher's chance. I would be surprised however if he would retire a great fighter like Baldomir but it is possible, Baldomir is 37 years old...

Thank you for your view, this will be the first time i will get the chance to watch a fighter i have been reading about for years, it's like a piece of Las Vegas is visiting Antwerp, great for boxing fans in Belgium who do not have an opportunity to travel to the US.
Lucky for your fighter Baldomir doesn't have a great punch, but he will be throwing from round 1 to 12 and nothing really slows him down outside of throwing punches at a target he can't hit. For everything Baldomir lacks, stamina and toughness isn't one.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts

Hey bud don't worry about your English! There's a ton of people who primarily speak English who aren't half as articulate as you are. No worries at all my friend! :thumbsup:

As for the fight, I think Baldomir wins if Bonsu tries to stand in front of him. I'll be rooting for Bonsu though.

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
I was a little disappointed when he lost to the polish guy.

Bonsu kinda raw but he aint so bad either. The problem is that Baldomir can take a good punch, so Bonsu will have to fight a smart fight to win

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts

Baldomir isn't gonna lay down for Bonsu. I've seen little of Jackson, but from what I've seen I'd say that fight could be a possible war with Baldomir stopping him.

Marquez didn't go to just collect a check, he just pretty much was getting his ass hurt every time Abraham hit him and he couldn't get anything through. Those 2 things = frustration.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts