1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Well there goes 5k lost my ass on that one i bet on the over 10.5

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
Looks like my PL league prediction has just come true. I think I am the only one to predict a KO for Williams though I said in the 11th. You should change the thread name and put a spoiler alert.

G

·
williams should of done this is in the first fight, obviously went into it thinking he just had to show up to win.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
This is shocking news. Congratulations Williams! He has now gotten my full respect and attention. All belt holders at Welterweight are now powers to be reckoned with.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks like my PL league prediction has just come true. I think I am the only one to predict a KO for Williams though I said in the 11th. You should change the thread name and put a spoiler alert.
Sorry about that. I thought everyone knew at this point. :dunno:
Also excited about the way Pavlik performed. :)

·
tellin' it like it is
18,612 Posts
williams should of done this is in the first fight. obviously went into it thinking he just had to show up to win.
williams came in too heavy the first fight, and quintana benefitted from it. i felt he was going to come back strong but not that strong.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Wow, I haven't seen the fight yet, but I'm extremely surprised and impressed. Admittedly, I thought the rematch would be much like their first one. Congrats to P-Will. Forget about defending that title, though. Move on up to 154. And how about that title reign of Quintana? Does lackluster accurately define it? I can't wait to see how he punished him.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Wow, I haven't seen the fight yet, but I'm extremely surprised and impressed. Admittedly, I thought the rematch would be much like their first one. Congrats to P-Will. Forget about defending that title, though. Move on up to 154. And how about that title reign of Quintana? Does lackluster accurately define it? I can't wait to see how he punished him.
His title reign was as short as Williams'. I can't believe he got that much stronger since february. I don't know how they did it.. I hope him and Cotto fight after Cotto beats Margarito.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
His title reign was as short as Williams'. I can't believe he got that much stronger since february. I don't know how they did it.. I hope him and Cotto fight after Cotto beats Margarito.
Don't count Margarito out just yet. You never know what can happen in boxing.

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
Williams looked much better this time but lets not get too excited this time. A first round stoppage certainly isnt a parameter for anything. Quintana said something about he got hit behind the head..Whatever was it that caught him, williams showed energy, but that was the first round, everybody does..

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
i had a feeling willaims could have gotten better where as quintana was fighting his perfect fight. now i hope it teaches williams that every fuight has to be dealt with as if it was a final in a football match or something. don't look ahead because every fight should be seen as the last. as a final

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
16,769 Posts
williams should of done this is in the first fight, obviously went into it thinking he just had to show up to win.
Ecxactly this time he came cocky and ready Quintana was playing it careful and giving MR (you know whati'm saying) too much room, and got caught, too bad back to the drawing board ...

Sorry about that. I thought everyone knew at this point. :dunno:
Also excited about the way Pavlik performed. :)
Man no way does Enzo risk his son life on a man that knock out a sparring who must have boxed hundreds of rounds with Joe, there's just no way he realized that when he trew that towel, when was the last time we saw this happen..

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
Dont count your chickens before theyre hatched Yenks;)
Tony Margarito will be in there fighting, the fight will be a barnburner. The winner must be considered the undisputed welterweight champ. I didnt see the fight but apparantly Paul Williams has put himself right back in the mix. I look forward to some great matchups in the future. We're not gonna miss Prima Donna Mayweather one bit jeez he never fought anyway

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
Cotto is gonna school Margarito ;)
Dont count on it Buck, Cotto has never faced anyone with Margarito's non stop attack. He could well be overwhelmed and KO'd. Also whats Miguel gonna do when he catches Tony square and he just grins at him and belts him back? This will be the fight of the year in my opinion they'll show the prima donna how real fighters FIGHT!!!

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Dont count on it Buck, Cotto has never faced anyone with Margarito's non stop attack. He could well be overwhelmed and KO'd. Also whats Miguel gonna do when he catches Tony square and he just grins at him and belts him back? This will be the fight of the year in my opinion they'll show the prima donna how real fighters FIGHT!!!
CJ let's bet some points on it bro.

·
Registered
735 Posts
I truly doubt that he will grin when he feels his ribs breaking.

"I expected to win there are no excuses. I had the best condition of my life, I was better prepared than the first time, but he surprised me in the worst way imaginable". "I'm a warrior and, honestly, as an athlete it hurts. I don't like to lose, but I have to accept defeat and the good thing is to get up... depending how the promoters treat me, we'll be back". - Carlos Quintana

1 - 20 of 48 Posts