Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 207 Posts

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Casamayor exposed this kid. Andy Lee was exposed yesterday, and John Duddy was exposed in a fight he barely won a few weeks back. Along with that, Diaz and Williams have been exposed.

2008 is officailly dubbed "The year of exposures".

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
I wouldnt say losing the first 2 rounds and then winning the rest afterwards, including knocking the guy through the ropes and badly hurting him twice, being exposed. It was a great fight and someone was going to get knocked out. I want to see it again.

·
El Violento
8,076 Posts
I been saying Casamayor was just rusty last time. He was motivated this time. And look what happend. Damn I ain't sleeping tonight. I'm so fukking lit.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Hey it had ebb and flow to it, and was pretty close up till the stoppage.

Why did Casamayor come into the ring first though?

·
El Violento
8,076 Posts
I wouldnt say losing the first 2 rounds and then winning the rest afterwards, including knocking the guy through the ropes and badly hurting him twice, being exposed. It was a great fight and someone was going to get knocked out. I want to see it again.
Casamayor wants a big money fight. A rematch won't get him the money he's looking for

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Exposure doesn't mean landslide, it means exposing something. Katsidis' chin was wayy weaker than we thought. It was put out in HBO display, his 0' turned into a 1 and the American audience saw him get trashed. One more win for a veteran.

I'd love to say Juan Diaz didn't get exposed too, but I can't. It was a close fight but his inexperience was exposed on HBO as well. What a shame.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
His chin is weak? I'd say its not granite, but neither is casa's. Katsidas got caught when he started worrying about th enew cut over his left eye and got extremely careless. I think he'll be back. He just cant charge in like hatton and get caught with a hook.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Dam Katsidis was exposed big time,running in with his hands down he was to worried about
scoring a knock out rather than winning the fight. he hardly threw any jabs.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
His chin is weak? I'd say its not granite, but neither is casa's. Katsidas got caught when he started worrying about th enew cut over his left eye and got extremely careless. I think he'll be back. He just cant charge in like hatton and get caught with a hook.

LOL Yeah man. He got dropped in his last fight and 3 times this fight. You don't get dropped in the first minute of the fight and dare debate whether you have a weak chin or not. Well, unless you are fighting Tyson.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
More and more guys come into the ring not properly warmed up. I remember seeing guys in the 80's come into the ring dripping wet. As commentator, Ray Leonard was always pointing out that flash knock downs were probable if the fighter was dry. That's all Kastidas suffered from, he took allot of left hands very well after he warmed up.

The KO, was just him being crude, and stupid.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Listen, he's not the fighter people were making them out to be. The only one that I would be hesitant to call an exposure case is Gavin Reese. Reason being is because I never thought he was any good to begin with.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
That was a good fight but not FOTY , FOTY is Vazquez VS. Marquez. Katsidas isnt that good imo. He just has alot of heart. He will always be fun to watch though
I agree! This doesn't top Vasquez-Marquez 3. It does get close though. Something tells me Mosely-Judah is a FOTY candidate waiting to happen.

1 - 20 of 207 Posts