Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just watched this fight over again...and wow. I was just sitting there getting goosebumps. I found it funny when the announcers kept commenting on what the score cards read, because i was soo taken in by the fight, i did not care who won each round. Just sit and smile. That fight embodies what the sport is about.

the fight itself was amazing. The ending was... incredible.

I personally think its the best fight ive ever seen. but im curious to see where you guys rank it.

-Ian

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
It is one of the greatest fights ever definetly. There has been so many great fights its hard to rank them, but this is most certainly top 10.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Incredible nonstop give and take. Neither guy gave up an inch. I doubt you'd find too many people that would argue with you ranking it #1 all-time. For me, it's definitely in my top ten, probably top five. I know the luster was lost on some people as a result of Corrales' excessive spitting of his mouthpiece. I like to believe that it was a result of his jaw being so hurt and not just some ploy to give himself time. Tony Weeks did penalize him for it, though, so if that's what it was, I guess it was smart. One has to think that it just crushed Castillo that Corrales had such a long time to recover when it looked as though he wouldn't make it up. The ending was one of the most dramatic in history. Both guys instantly became legends in my eyes after this fight. It's a shame that Castillo didn't keep tabs on his weight, because that messed up what could have been the best trilogy ever.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts