Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Former lightweight champion José Luis Castillo (55-8-1, 47 KOs) returns October 27th against Adan Casillas (20-6, 15 KOs) in a ten-rounder. The bout will take place in the 140-pound division and take place at the Auditorio del Estado in Mexicali, Baja California, Mexico. The battle will be televised by Azteca TV in Mexico. Castillo is eyeing a possible title challenge against WBO titleholder Ricardo "Mochuelo" Torres in February.

Please Just Hng Them Up!!!

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
prettyboywho said:
Former lightweight champion José Luis Castillo (55-8-1, 47 KOs) returns October 27th against Adan Casillas (20-6, 15 KOs) in a ten-rounder. The bout will take place in the 140-pound division and take place at the Auditorio del Estado in Mexicali, Baja California, Mexico. The battle will be televised by Azteca TV in Mexico. Castillo is eyeing a possible title challenge against WBO titleholder Ricardo "Mochuelo" Torres in February.

Please Just Hng Them Up!!!
castillo v tores sounds good, he still has some to give imo so lets get it on.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont know about that. He might go out like Gatti did. And lose to someone that hade no biz beatting him.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thats a mistake in my opinion. Castillio had a great career but he does not have enough to become a dominant champion again and there really isnt a big money fight for him in that division.

And on a side note, I am happy to be a part of the boards. Im not going to come on here and act like I know everything about the sport, I am still learning quite a bit, and I think these forums will help me get a better understanding of more boxers I am unfamiliar with.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
SweetFeet said:
Thats a mistake in my opinion. Castillio had a great career but he does not have enough to become a dominant champion again and there really isnt a big money fight for him in that division.

And on a side note, I am happy to be a part of the boards. Im not going to come on here and act like I know everything about the sport, I am still learning quite a bit, and I think these forums will help me get a better understanding of more boxers I am unfamiliar with.
welcome to the forum sweetfeet, great to have you here mate. :thumbsup:

i think there could possibly be another big money fight for castillo if he can beat torres, a unification fight malignaggi at MSG would be huge and a fight in wales with WBA champion gavin rees in wales would generate around 50,000 fans to attend.

thats if he can beat torres though.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome to the board. Sweetfeet and I agree Castillo is still fighting to get hurt now. I guess its like a drug he just cant stop. I think Holyfield is on this same drug.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts