Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
I like the odds for Tarver. I learned quite a bit about Dawson in his fight with Glen Johnson. I think Tarver takes it. He'll be a month shy of his 40th birthday, but he's a really young 40.

·
Premium Member
9,456 Posts
Man I can get rich with this one too. I think that this fight will be closer than everyone expects. Tarver could pull out a SD or a really close UD. I just hope Dawson doesn't win another robbery in this one.

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
Tarver has good odds, and I think the fight is closer than the odds lead you to believe. I hate Tarver, so I hope Dawson wins, and I think he will. Probably by a close decision.

·
Registered
772 Posts
i think dawson wins this one, the only reason he had problems with johnson was because of johnsons workrate and constant applied pressure, whereas tarver will sit back and let dawson lead, i think dawson wins a convincing UD, even though i had Johnson winning 7-5 against dawson in his last fight.

its worth putting a bit of money on tarver though the odds look good. and dawson is a little overrated to be fair.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dawson is very active when he fights guys who he doesn't think can hurt him. I just see him overwhelming Tarver in this fight and taking a relatively wide UD around 8-4.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Johnson hurt Dawson bad on three or four occasions and I believe Tarver can and will do the same. Dawson is an excellent body puncher, but I believe a great deal of that will be neutralized by Tarver's superior defense. One big shot from Tarver can change everything with Dawson's suspect chin. Mason "The Line" Dixon all the way. I'm ultra-excited about this one.

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
Tarver has good odds, and I think the fight is closer than the odds lead you to believe. I hate Tarver, so I hope Dawson wins, and I think he will. Probably by a close decision.
Man, what a great post.

i think dawson wins this one, the only reason he had problems with johnson was because of johnsons workrate and constant applied pressure, whereas tarver will sit back and let dawson lead, i think dawson wins a convincing UD, even though i had Johnson winning 7-5 against dawson in his last fight.

its worth putting a bit of money on tarver though the odds look good. and dawson is a little overrated to be fair.
Great post. I 100% agree.

Dawson is very active when he fights guys who he doesn't think can hurt him. I just see him overwhelming Tarver in this fight and taking a relatively wide UD around 8-4.
Could well be 8-4 or 7-5 IMO.

·
Spike Spiegel
7,078 Posts
I'm putting money on my boy Tarver. Was rooting for Dawson, but I've come to like Tarver a lot more these past few weeks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts