October 11

At TBA (Showtime):

Antonio Tarver vs. Chad Dawson, 12 rounds

IBF light heavyweight title

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I agree man. Possibly late stoppage, especially if he fights tarver like he did johnson, He'll definently stop him.

·
Premium Member
9,456 Posts
Dawson in a close decision. Tarver will be very cautious and will counter with good left straights. It won't be exciting but I think it might get a little close in the championship rounds. But then again, looking at Dawson's abilities it could be a blowout as well :laugh:

·
The Professor
8,572 Posts
Dawson realizes what this is. He's younger, quicker, more active, and hungrier than most think. He knows how important this fight is. He's been craving Tarver for years. His time has finally come, and Tarver's mouth will perhaps finally be silenced for good (in my dreams). I fell asleep both times I tried to watch Tarver's last fight (Clinton Woods). The undercard of that Event was clearly the entertaining fight of the night... Im going to re-attempt to watch it now to assess how much Tarver really has left after B-Hop embarrassed him so badly... Hard to believe he still has the biggest mouth in the business. I remember this one time he gave an interview and stated him and Floyd were the 2 best fighters in the world. I think it came prior to the Hopkins fight... God that was a good laugh. What was funnier was how little of a chance he gave Hopkins to beat him.

Anyways, Dawson is one of my favorite fighters destined to get their patiently awaited recognition. Fighters like him make the Light Heavyweight division exciting. When Pavlik gets comfortable as a Light Heavyweight he definitely needs to meet with Dawson down the line.

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
No, he should go to Europe, KO Zsolt Erdei, and become a 4 time LH champion.

Then he should give Glen Johnson his deserved Trilogy.

After he loses to Glen, then he should retire.
LMAO! No way an American goes to Europe. And Tarver wouldn't KO Erdei.

·
The Professor
8,572 Posts
LMAO! No way an American goes to Europe. And Tarver wouldn't KO Erdei.
KO or decision, who cares. He still wins.

And Americans have fought there often enough. Tarver's career doesn't have that many options left that would elevate him as a fighter, it's something to consider for sure.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts