Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is Julio Cesar Chavez Jr world champion in the making ?

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
Its too early to tell who was better. Weve barely scratched the surface of what the kid can/will do.
I think he has great potential. He already throws great combinations, has good power, and has good boxing skills. I think his chin hasnt really been tested yet, so the jury is out on that one still. He will undoubtedly fight for a championship at some point, for sure.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
A fight with Paulie Malignaggi could be on the cards for this kid, i havent seen much of him but alot of people seem to be very negative about him.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
LeedsLad said:
A fight with Paulie Malignaggi could be on the cards for this kid, i havent seen much of him but alot of people seem to be very negative about him.
correct, to many are being negative about jnr, he does have big shoes to fill but its not fair to compare them just now, i love it how people are saying all he's fought are bums, snr fought bums for his first 50-60 fights and still became one of the greatest ever.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
tommygunn said:
correct, to many are being negative about jnr, he does have big shoes to fill but its not fair to compare them just now, i love it how people are saying all he's fought are bums, snr fought bums for his first 50-60 fights and still became one of the greatest ever.
True. Ive also heard malignaggi could be soon for chavez and you cant realy call him a bum can you. Also if gatti won against gomez chavez would have been his next opponent i heard so come on. Hes still a young lad and has alot to learn yet.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
tyson said:
True. Ive also heard malignaggi could be soon for chavez and you cant realy call him a bum can you. Also if gatti won against gomez chavez would have been his next opponent i heard so come on. Hes still a young lad and has alot to learn yet.
paulies going to move to 147 to face chavez, this is a great fight for both guys. if chavez wins he's beaten a world champion and if paulie wins he's beaten a "marquee" name.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think chavez could move up a few weight divisions yet. He looks pretty tall for a light welter

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
tyson said:
I think chavez could move up a few weight divisions yet. He looks pretty tall for a light welter
chavez is a welter, he's fought up at 154 to i think.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
tommygunn said:
chavez is a welter, he's fought up at 154 to i think.
o rite cool i thought i saw him fight at lightwelter once maybe i got it wrong stil he looks tall for a welter dont u think tommy

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
tyson said:
o rite cool i thought i saw him fight at lightwelter once maybe i got it wrong stil he looks tall for a welter dont u think tommy
heres his stats tyson, you'll see he's been fighting at 154 recently.

boxer: Julio Cesar Chavez Jr
Global ID 214371
sex male
birth date 1986-02-16
age 21
division light middleweight
rating 63 / 1001
nationality Mexico
alias JC Jr.
residence Culiacᮬ SIN, Mexico
birth place Culiacᮬ SIN, Mexico
birth name Julio C鳡r Chᶥz Carrasco
stance orthodox
height 6′ 0″
reach 28½“
US ID TX068222
won 33 (KO 26) + lost 0 (KO 0) + drawn 1 = 34

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Rumor is that he might fight Gomez next since he beat Gatti. I think that what they are doing with him is perfect. Sure he is not fighting the best competition, but you have to remember that he didn't have but a couple amateur fights. his dad knows exactly what he is doing. If he does fight Gomez next that will show about where he is.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
tommygunn said:
heres his stats tyson, you'll see he's been fighting at 154 recently.

boxer: Julio Cesar Chavez Jr
Global ID 214371
sex male
birth date 1986-02-16
age 21
division light middleweight
rating 63 / 1001
nationality Mexico
alias JC Jr.
residence Culiacᮬ SIN, Mexico
birth place Culiacᮬ SIN, Mexico
birth name Julio C鳡r Chᶥz Carrasco
stance orthodox
height 6′ 0″
reach 28½“
US ID TX068222
won 33 (KO 26) + lost 0 (KO 0) + drawn 1 = 34
good acievement so far good luck to the lad

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
Since beating Ndou Paulie has been using his mouth alot to try and secure a household name, I agree this would be a good fight for both. I hope Chavez jr beats him

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
LeedsLad said:
A ChavezJr-Malignaggi would be only slighty better than a PeeWee Herman :laugh: - Richard Simmons brawl:laugh: :laugh:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts