Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my little brother wants a pair of sparring gloves but doesn't want to pay much for them. does anyone have experience with the Top Contender Classic Training gloves? Top Contender Classic Training Gloves - Hook & Loop at Ringside.com

if not, does anyone have any recommendations for sparring gloves for $30 or under?

also, i've always used shockdoctor power ultra but was curious about the brainpad mouthpieces... anyone prefer brainpad? if so, why?

thanks!

·
Registered
841 Posts
my little brother wants a pair of sparring gloves but doesn't want to pay much for them. does anyone have experience with the Top Contender Classic Training gloves? Top Contender Classic Training Gloves - Hook & Loop at Ringside.com

if not, does anyone have any recommendations for sparring gloves for $30 or under?

also, i've always used shockdoctor power ultra but was curious about the brainpad mouthpieces... anyone prefer brainpad? if so, why?

thanks!
The Top Contender gloves should be fine. If not try and look for some cheap ringside training gloves. Stick with shockdocter.

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
the wips brainpad double mouthguard is no way worth the cost.
the thing is huge - i had to saw off the back on each side just to be able to fit it in my mouth, makes it harder to breathe
it's hard - very little give to the mouthpiece and it's kinda painful to wear
it doesn't really protect - i dunno what scientific studies they did, but your lower jaw does NOT have more structural stability when it's wide open; guy caught me on the button with a medium shot and thought I broke something.

shock doctor gel max is the mouthguard i've had the most luck with; only problem is that it melts easy in hot climates.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts