Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I knew eggs werent that good for you, but i looked on the back of the egg carton today and it said one egg has 89 percent of the daily cholesterol value. I eat 2 eggs a day but take 1 yolk out, if i continue doing this will it cause any health problems later on?

·
Registered
841 Posts
I knew eggs werent that good for you, but i looked on the back of the egg carton today and it said one egg has 89 percent of the daily cholesterol value. I eat 2 eggs a day but take 1 yolk out, if i continue doing this will it cause any health problems later on?
Lol :), no

·
Registered
87 Posts
eggs are yummy

What's worth worrying about is the cholesterol in your blood. Your liver plays a role in that (genetics). How old are you? Eventually, everybody should get a blood test done that shows hdl (high density lipoprotein), ldl (low density lipoprotein), and triglycerides. The makeup of these in your blood is an indicator of the risk of atterial problems in the future. Eggs have plenty of the ldl (which is bad) but your genetics play a big role in how it effects your blood cholesterol levels. Your fitness/exercise level also plays a role. I had a battle with ldls but got a good handle on it, thank goodness. I'm past 40 so that tends to happen. Eggs, in general, are great for people who are physically active. I hope this helps.

I just had an egg beater sandwich today. No yolks. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What's worth worrying about is the cholesterol in your blood. Your liver plays a role in that (genetics). How old are you? Eventually, everybody should get a blood test done that shows hdl (high density lipoprotein), ldl (low density lipoprotein), and triglycerides. The makeup of these in your blood is an indicator of the risk of atterial problems in the future. Eggs have plenty of the ldl (which is bad) but your genetics play a big role in how it effects your blood cholesterol levels. Your fitness/exercise level also plays a role. I had a battle with ldls but got a good handle on it, thank goodness. I'm past 40 so that tends to happen. Eggs, in general, are great for people who are physically active. I hope this helps.

I just had an egg beater sandwich today. No yolks. :thumbsup:

Im 17, 137 pounds and i train everyday. I just wanted to make sure eating it everyday wouldent do any damage

·
Registered
87 Posts
no donuts

Yeah, blood lipids is a mysterious thing. A friend of mine who's a pretty healthy, active guy happened to get his cholesterol checked and it was up around 350. He's on meds now. You younger guys aren't at as much risk. But, just get it checked once you get into your 20s and start driving a desk for a living. Some think that the theory that high cholesterol increases the chance of heart attack and stroke is bunk. :dunno: The average American diet is pretty rough on those who aren't active, for sure.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.