Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He is walking around at 180 and plans on fighting his next fight at lightheavyweight. Your thoughts?

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
Honestly I have no idea. A heavyweight moving down isnt something you see everyday. When someones moving up you wonder if the handspeed is gonna be there and how far he can carry his power. When someones moving down like him I dont know what to expect

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Well the only thing holding him back in HW was how small he was.

The dude has some skills tho and his chin is AMAZING.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Byrd should of moved down a couple of years ago. At this stage in his career, i don't think he'll make much noise.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
About time. I guess he finally realized that HW is to big for him. And he'll never beat Klitchko so therefor he'll never be HW champ again.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
It is a good move for him even though I dont like him.

·
tellin' it like it is
18,612 Posts

exactly. if anything byrd should've made this move years ago, but the money he was making fighting heavys was too good. the 168 and 175 division has plenty of names byrd can make some money against, but i really don't think byrd has much left.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts

Yea for a LHW not a HW.

·
Wet Beaver Bandit
5,334 Posts
If I was him I would ahve tried to fight a few cruiser weight bouts to see if that fit before I stepped all the way down to LH. Then again we will ahve to see what happens.. It would be cool to see him beat the piss out of Tarver.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
If I was him I would ahve tried to fight a few cruiser weight bouts to see if that fit before I stepped all the way down to LH. Then again we will ahve to see what happens.. It would be cool to see him beat the piss out of Tarver.
He been fighting at CW for years now. And I'd love to see him fight Tarver but im not so sure if he'll win.

·
El Violento
8,076 Posts
Byrd should of moved down a couple of years ago. At this stage in his career, i don't think he'll make much noise.
I agree. I think Byrd is pretty much shot. It's a desperation move that he hopes will revive his career. I don't see it working

·
tellin' it like it is
18,612 Posts
at best, the move down in weight might allow byrd to be more competitive being he may actually be able to hurt his opponent. i don't see it happening, but i'm trying to optimistic;)

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Yeah if Byrd does not lose his chin in trying to move down there is no chance of him being knocked out. Ive seen him take some BRUTAL shots my man twice his sizde and ate them.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
He didnt take that bomb ibeabuchi put on him. Man that is one of the hardest shots I've ever seen.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Haha well i doubt anyon wouldave taken that punch but you can see in his fights against both Wlad and Vitali and against Golota that this guys can take a haymaker to the head.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Looks like you will get post number 10.000 tonight Tj so before i go to sleep i wanna say GZ! Im sure Jones jr and Tyson would be proud to have such a loyal fan ! :p

1 - 20 of 38 Posts