Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Povetkin has amazing hunger and ambition and is a credit to the sport, in the way that he keeps trying to fight the best opposition available while being inexperienced in the Pro game.

Povetkin wins this, I've seen most of his fights and I think he's ready for this. The fight is a great learning curve for him stylistically but he should pass the test.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Never seen him fight but he one of the best amateur records out there.

Byrd is a heeluva test tho !:O

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
Definatly a tough test, but I like the looks of Povetkin he can fight. If he was a few years younger I would of considered him as my prospect in the pick a prospect thread.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
man, i hope Povetkin wins, who in there right mind would want to see byrd v wlad 3.

yuck!

·
Registered
19 Posts
povetkin and bird both of them are boaring fighters that show us how ill is the heavyweight boxing today.
they don't deserve to be champions. ali, fraizer and tyson would crush both of them at one night.

·
Registered
19 Posts
povetkin coudnt k.o 40 years old donnald !!!

with all the respect povetkin has no descent jab, he throw punches like amateur boxer based on speed combo's wish no power.
he has to switch his style to be effective boxer.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Why is this bum still fighting. He was one of the worst HW champs ever. Hope Byrd gets ktfo

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
prettyboywho said:
Why is this bum still fighting. He was one of the worst HW champs ever. Hope Byrd gets ktfo

What? I´m honestly upset at these comment? One of the worst hw champs ever?? Francois Botha? Shannon Briggs? Nicolai Valuev?Oleg Maskaev? Hasim Rahman? Oliver Mccall? just to name a few and i could name few other but Byrd has one of the biggest hearts out there, he was just too small for the HW division and man that guy can take a punch! the Wlad fight was ******* brutal and PBW how could you ever call Chris Byrd a bum? didnt he win a gold metal at the olympics or something like that? Chris Byrd might not be the best out there but HES NOT A BUM FFS!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
290 Posts
Anyone think there is a chance for Povetnik to knock out Byrd? I don't know if I can handle another boring decision.

·
tellin' it like it is
18,612 Posts
i think this fight depends on how byrd approaches this fight. i think that byrd changed his style to be more fan friendly. if he boxes first i think he can pull out a decision based on his experience alone.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Apparently it's not televised in the US. Is there any way to watch it online?

It appears as though it will be televised on SportN channel of viasat. Anyway to watch that online?

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Povetkin by TKO-11. Byrd's corner threw in the towel. Thank you Povetkin for ridding boxing of this bum.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Brutus said:
What? I´m honestly upset at these comment? One of the worst hw champs ever?? Francois Botha? Shannon Briggs? Nicolai Valuev?Oleg Maskaev? Hasim Rahman? Oliver Mccall? just to name a few and i could name few other but Byrd has one of the biggest hearts out there, he was just too small for the HW division and man that guy can take a punch! the Wlad fight was ******* brutal and PBW how could you ever call Chris Byrd a bum? didnt he win a gold metal at the olympics or something like that? Chris Byrd might not be the best out there but HES NOT A BUM FFS!!!!!!!!!!!
I wonder what you think of him now. I still think hes a BUM

1 - 20 of 23 Posts