Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

Who wins?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After dropping 40 pounds, former heavyweight champion Chris Byrd (40-5-1, 21 KOs) looked drained and slow as he was brutally kayoed in round nine by light heavyweight Shaun George (17-2-2, 8 KOs) on Friday night at the Cox Pavilion, which is connected to the Thomas & Mack Center in Las Vegas. Coming into the fight at 174 lbs., Byrd was dropped by George in round one, and rocked again in round two. George pretty much hammered Byrd with his right hand at will all night until finally flooring Byrd twice in the ninth. Time was 2:45.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Byrd looks like a new guy since dropping the weight, he's got skills, no doubt, but will he be a shot fighter?

We know he takes a great shot though.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hopkins vs Byrd anyone?

·
Registered
318 Posts
I too am interested to see how he looks. I think he needs to throw more punches in order for me to get too excited. I wonder what his power will be like?

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
After dropping 40 pounds, former heavyweight champion Chris Byrd (40-5-1, 21 KOs) looked drained and slow as he was brutally kayoed in round nine by light heavyweight Shaun George (17-2-2, 8 KOs) on Friday night at the Cox Pavilion, which is connected to the Thomas & Mack Center in Las Vegas. Coming into the fight at 174 lbs., Byrd was dropped by George in round one, and rocked again in round two. George pretty much hammered Byrd with his right hand at will all night until finally flooring Byrd twice in the ninth. Time was 2:45.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Byrd looked old-he didn't jab, didn't move, didn't punch at all. Much like Arturo, Bernard, DeLaHoya, and Ken Shamrock he looked like he hit the wall age-wise. Going down so much weight, he had to assume that guys would be able to throw faster punches. He should retire, for his health and be proud of his heavyweight success.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts