Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The world’s top featherweight Chris John, right, retained his WBA crown with an effortless seventh-round stoppage of Panama’s Roinet Caballero in Jakarta yesterday and immediately challenged the winner of the Manny Pacquiao-Marquez fight on March 15.

The undefeated John (41-0-1, 22KOs) continued his unbeaten run in the featherweight division outclassing Caballero (22-8-1).

John dominated the action for the majority of the fight and in round six and seven handed out brutal punishment.

Caballero's corner threw in the towel prior to the start of the eighth round. John had rocked Caballero in almost every round of the fight with his razor sharp counters.

It was the ninth defence for John, who holds a win over Marquez and would love to face Pacquiao.

John has now been world champ for five years.

``I have already beaten Marquez and I will be too quick for Pacquiao,'' Chris John said.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
There you have it ...
Personally I feel John / Pacquiao would be a great fight . Just wanted to know everyones thoughts on this.
In boxing ability , speed , endurance and heart John is up there with the best of them . I actually think that his speed will be too much for Manny , it would make one hell of a fight .

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Id like to see him fight Linares at 126 now, the winner of that fight would have there pick of matches at 130.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts