Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kermit Cintron is wrapping up his training camp at the Kronk Gym in Detroit and will leave Tuesday for New York City where a press conference will take place on Wednesday for the Cotto-Gomez / Cintron-Margarito fight card on Saturday April 12th in Atlantic City. Cintron is eager to defend his IBF welterweight title against the only man to have defeated him, Antonio Margarito, and to avenge the only blemish on his record. “This is the fight I’ve wanted for a long time now, and I can’t wait to get in the ring,” stated Cintron. He knows the tough Tijuana veteran will also come well prepared, as this is a very important fight in the careers of both fighters, but Cintron is extremely confident that he’ll emerge from the rematch victorious. Though he has won all five of his fights by knockout since that loss in Vegas (and gained a belt along the way), he is always questioned about the Margarito loss. He is eager to quiet the critics. He says he has learned from that loss three years ago and has matured as a fighter since then. “I’m in a much better place mentally and physically than I was the first time we met and I’m anxious to prove it,” declared Cintron. He’s had a great camp working with trainer Emanuel Steward and is ready to go. With so much at stake for both men, this fight has the potential to be an explosive one.

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
16,769 Posts
No way Margarito will do another number on him and this time it will be more convincing....Cintron doesn't strike me as a guy with a big heart, I just think Margarito is a tougher guy...

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I like both guys and think they are both very good fighters. I think Margarito has Kerms number though, i wont be to disapointed if im wrong.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
I like both guys and think they are both very good fighters. I think Margarito has Kerms number though, i wont be to disapointed if im wrong.
I wouldnt go that far and say that Margarito got Cintrons number when they only fought once. Id say it when it comes down to someone like Taylor and Hopkins or Taylor and Kelly. I think Cintron will correct his mistakes and get a good UD.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I wouldnt go that far and say that Margarito got Cintrons number when they only fought once. Id say it when it comes down to someone like Taylor and Hopkins or Taylor and Kelly. I think Cintron will correct his mistakes and get a good UD.

The first fight was a one sided destruction Ron, id say he's pretty much got his number.

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
No way Margarito will do another number on him and this time it will be more convincing....Cintron doesn't strike me as a guy with a big heart, I just think Margarito is a tougher guy...
Margy knows he can take Cintron's right hands and he also knows this is probably his last chance to get a big fight against Cotto. I think he stops Cintron late.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
I can't wait for this. I don't like Margarito but im glad we'll get rid of Cintron the paper champion. Hes barely top 10 at 147lbs IMO. Since Margarito beat him hes barely done anything, hes beaten a couple of bums and..

1. Managed a TKO over Estrada in a fight he was barely winning, look what Berto did to him.
2. Impressive KO over Matthyse, someone who has been KO'd since and even Williams managed to stop:laugh:
3. Then looked rubbish fighting Feliciano, not a very good fighter.

Margarito sucks, but Cintron sucks even more. Margarito TKO6.

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
I can't wait for this. I don't like Margarito but im glad we'll get rid of Cintron the paper champion. Hes barely top 10 at 147lbs IMO. Since Margarito beat him hes barely done anything, hes beaten a couple of bums and..

1. Managed a TKO over Estrada in a fight he was barely winning, look what Berto did to him.
2. Impressive KO over Matthyse, someone who has been KO'd since and even Williams managed to stop:laugh:
3. Then looked rubbish fighting Feliciano, not a very good fighter.

Margarito sucks, but Cintron sucks even more. Margarito TKO6.
:laugh: Nice post. Margy ain't that bad. He did pretty good in the 2nd half of the fight against Williams. Because of the style matchup I think it would be exciting to see him fight Cotto.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Margy ain't that bad. He did pretty good in the 2nd half of the fight against Williams.
I know he isn't that bad, but some people criminally overrate him:laugh: Hes top 5 at 147lbs IMO.

Because of the style matchup I think it would be exciting to see him fight Cotto.
Yeah it would be. Although after watching his fight with Mosley i am confident Cotto could box circles round Margarito... but you know Cotto is going to want to go to war:thumbsup:

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I think Margarito vs Cotto would be 60-40 in favor of Margarito.....Both have similar styles although Cotto has a little more skill.

Margarito is bigger, stronger and hits harder though, he also has the better chin.

The fight would be toe 2 toe and id pick Margarito to ice him.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
I dont see margarito being bigger, stronger, and hitting harder than cotto. Not by a long shot. He's taller, has a smaller body and hasnt ko'ed a significant opponenet in a long time. Cotto> margarito and i'll put a million or 2 on that.

Toe to Toe, margy wouldnt last very long, He couldnt take those body shots.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
I think Margarito vs Cotto would be 60-40 in favor of Margarito.....Both have similar styles although Cotto has a little more skill.

Margarito is bigger, stronger and hits harder though, he also has the better chin.

The fight would be toe 2 toe and id pick Margarito to ice him.
You got Margarito over Cotto????

1 - 20 of 89 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.