Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello, i realy want a pair of the cleto reyes super bag gloves. the ones i want are regular size and 12oz. i was just wondering if any one has used these gloves on the heavy bag and what ya think of them. i also hear theyre for people with really wide hands, but im not exactly huge. im 130 pounds 5"6 and small hands. do yall think these ones will do me?

·
Registered
13 Posts
There great actually I have mine for 6 years now. All the gloves I have used are Cleto Reyes the only one that compare are Everlast for bag use. In the ring would be Grant but I prefer Reyes. As for the bag get Reyes medium 12 oz bad gloves with no thumb.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
hey cheers for the info dude, do u think the 12oz reyes gloves will provide me with enuff hand and wrist protection for hittin the heavy bag? and do u think my small hands will fit ok into them. (i get 7 1/2 inches circumference round my knuckles)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yes but you need to wrap your hands the rite way use gauze and tape. Trust me it’s not all about the glove sometimes you need to know how to throw a punch and when.

You use a lot more than your wrist like elbows, knuckles, fingers and shoulders when throwing a punch. Like I said sometimes it’s all about the punch itself.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeh i see what u mean bro, i always use wraps like, but theres alot of guys in my gym, usualy the big tuff ones lol, that always tellin me only use 14 or 16 oz gloves on the bags... so i was jus just wonderin if 12oz ones were ok to use...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Reyes Bag Gloves

I have a pair of the red and black from ringside. Ringside mismarked them in the catalog, The regular size are 14oz, and the large are 16oz, I think the junors might be 12. The 14s are very tight on me, Even with a good breakin. I have a pair of 16oz reyes that are huge inside, and I thought about getting a set of these in 16oz to compare.

·
Registered
2 Posts
i think the super gloves has the lace and the velcro right? i am currently using that and i really like it. probably because of the lace, your hands are more stable/tight plus the velcro. well..i really dont have any idea how the ordinary gloves for cleto but i previously used two types of twins gloves and theres no lace...and its kinda loose as compared with my cletos

1 - 9 of 9 Posts